Twin Peaks

also if anyone near LA has a couple spare hundos, they could check this out for me

1 Like

Of course Reggie Watts would be there, why would that initially strike me was weird?

I like that Dave and Moby are buds.

i really hope sharon van etten’s role in this is acting and not just another music guest.
she did do the oa recently …

i hope every remaining episode is disjointed and only lazily pretends to hint at convergences that aren’t there and a plot that doesn’t exist and david lynch keeps making this until he dies

7 Likes

look all i’m saying is that quite a few scenes in this show have made me laugh harder than anything i’ve seen in a long time

i certainly started very lynchy nightmare but i feel it’s been easing up. i think it will be cranked back up towards the end though.

lynch is funny though

2 Likes

Agreed. Honestly at this point (especially after episode 5) it’s hard to compare this to ANYTHING Lynch has done before, really. It definitely has parts that feel like Eraserhead, or parts that feel like Lost Highway, or parts that feel like OG Twin Peaks or FWMM, but I’d say the show’s “baseline” mood, which it often leaves to do something scarier or funnier but nonetheless does seem to exist, isn’t like anything he’s done before. It’s delibarate, and takes itself seriously, but is actually a lot lighter on its feet than his recent films!

I guess how I feel is that, even when it’s being serious or difficult, the show has an element of “fun”

1 Like

remember the time wolverine went to twin peaks

2 Likes

did cool stuff happen in this issue

why does this sound like something that could absolutely work. what is wrong with me

he eats a loganberry pie and gets in a brawl with some double r customers and is trying to solve a girls murder with her diary

3 Likes

So did anyone else notice

[spoiler]

• Sonny Jim blinks backwards like he’s in the Black Lodge when Cooper looks at him and cries

• The prison dude reacted very poorly to “Mr. Strawberry” which seems to hint that BOB found a dirty secret of his, much like when he taunted Cooper when they captured him

• The device he called is in Argentina, where Jeffries disappeared

• The guy Richard bribes is one of the cops seen in an earlier episode (the one who mocks the log lady)

• Evil Cooper has backwards fingerprints

• David Lynch’s son is the guitar player in the band in this episode

• Music has slowly been creeping back into the show, perhaps will become more prominent as Cooper gets closer to returning to Twin Peaks? Makes sense since they always cut to bands playing at the Road House[/spoiler]

THERE IS A LOT GOING ON IN THIS SHOW

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s probably not the right way to think about this show, but the backward fingerprints immediately jumped out at me as a likely Mark Frost idea rather than a David Lynch idea.

i found this rug in our office. i want it really bad but they refuse to give it to me.

1 Like

search for black and white chevron rug, there’s tons!

1 Like

yeah but i tried talking to our office manager to get it for free while we’re change buildings and was shot down

i guess i could just buy one but

oh ahah

steal it imo

2 Likes