Twin Peaks

5 Likes

What were the numbers from the first episode? It was 423 right? Not 479?

I feel stupid looking for clues. The mother’s sister’s girl scene in FWWM was all about poking fun at the fans who were trying to use logic to figure things out, right?

the giant’s number was 430.

but if you apply what Chet Desmond says there about the mother’s sister’s girl (“what’s missing in that sentence?”) to the old woman and her grandson you can go, aha, what’s missing is the grandpa and kids parents and we can simplify that by assuming the grandpa is also the father of the grandson, as in, the old woman and her grandson represent another family afflicted by abuse like the palmer’s, that’s why they’re the only ones who recognize laura being in trouble and try to help her, etc. When asked what the old woman and grandson were about one time lynch did say it was “too depressing.” So I don’t know, is it? lol

2 Likes

wondering what kind of shithead Dougie was at his work if that’s how his coworkers react to a guy that looks like he’s had some kind of stroke

3 Likes

it’s very enjoyable watching dougie-cooper make a mockery of the world

russ tamblyn should win an oscar for ten minutes of work

2 Likes

Please every episode have some crazy 90s tech thing.

In keeping with this he also might’ve unlocked some kind of detective vision (scanning Tom Sizemore’s face with a green light before saying he’s lying)

Some vague teasers, according to Jim:

A theory that has me pretty convinced is that it was whatever was inside dougie, as it’s all happening at roughly the same time, and you see the figure trying to clutch onto a gold sphere before it disappears.

1 Like

I think the no eye lady was a japanese actress credited as “naido” and the lady whose there when cooper goes back into the room and says her mother is coming is the gal who played ronnette pulaski credited as “american girl”

That was Ronette!? I completely missed that!

im gonna have to subscribe to some dumbass canadian netflix ripoff thing to watch this here (piracy is evil), so i’m waiting to go through most of it all at once.

i’m grateful that it appears the show is basically unspoilable (i have no idea what’s going on in this thread) but before i jump in, i do kind of want to know what i’m getting in for

does this new series have any of the cozy soap opera vibes of the original, or is it like 100% lynchian nightmare surrealism? it’s really hard to tell based on the way people are describing it so far. i mean i guess i want to know if i am going to be watching something that is basically entertaining but kind of spooky, or something that is going to confuse and depress me but then also somehow be extremely good. i’m gettin too old for this shit and need significant mental and emotional preparation for programming that is going to be too serious.

I feel like the former isn’t really there and it’s more of the latter. It definitely feels like it’s going to turn out to be an 18 hour Lynch movie. It doesn’t have the kind of darkness of uh, say, the killer reveal in the show or the emotional pain of post-prologue Fire Walk With Me and I haven’t really seen cues that it would go there, at least not yet.

This is helpful, thank you!

the twin peaks thing it’s most like is the missing pieces

except digital and modern. even has a weird lack of music in almost every scene

1 Like

There is a lot of lightness in it so far, I think. It’s not as dark as his movies. Yet.

1 Like

It is :100:% just a new Lynch movie so far.

I love how Jacobby became literally Madame Psychosis from Infinite Jest

2 Likes

SPOILERS

I’M STILL READING INFINITE JEST

this still feels like the case

i still wish there was more music but i love all the songs at the end, gonna have a great playlist by the end of this run

2 Likes