Twin Peaks

Just Bobby winding up as a cop claustrophobic as hell

1 Like

this is lynch, he could easily be a character that is only ever talked about and never seen or heard from. he could turn out to be an incorporeal demonic figment of cooper’s imagination sent back in the past to fuse with laura’s psyche to ensure the birth of an alien ur-being that engulfs time and space. he could be a sentient potato that communes with bob-cooper and no one would bat an eye.

I hope that if Jeffries was recast it was with Sting.

2 Likes

has anyone yet remarked on how perfect Robert Forster is for this role? cuz he is perfect.

2 Likes

lynch wanted to cast him as truman in the original but he met michael ontkean and really liked his motorcycle gang jacket he was wearing designed by mitsuhiro matsuda

1 Like

1 Like

what am i looking at here

What were you doing last night while we were all watching the premiere? Were you watching, too?
A whole bunch of cast and crew went to a bar in the valley, and they had a big screening. So I pictured them there. I was at home working on a table in my woodshop.

What kind of table?
Okay, I’m building a table — well if you have a pen, I can draw it for you.

I have a pencil.
Yeah, that would be perfect! [He begins drawing] Here is a place for glasses, remote controls, and pens. And here’s a circle with Kleenex coming out. Here’s a larger circle for a wine bottle. This is a door on special hinges that holds cigarettes and lighter. And over on this side is a large door, so this part right here is a place for Parmesan crackers and trail mix and wine glasses and different things. I’m going to have electricity wired into the table — I’m going to have a lamp — so I have a switch right here. And then down here is a drawer that has a place for a yellow pad. If I have an idea, I can take out the yellow pad and write it down with the pens. And it’s on these red wheels. So it’s a side table that holds all the things that I use.

Is this for your painting studio?
No, it’s for a place where I sit. I can watch TV from that place, or I can meditate from that place, or I can think in that place.

So you were building a table last night.
Yep.

9 Likes

Dave, /r/battlestations lurker.

no spoilers please :joy:

david lynch himself has gotten most of the funniest and more characterful lines so far in the series. it’s kind of funny to see his vernacular presented directly from the man himself. i’m just going to recount the sequence in eps 3 and 4 that really made me love his character here.

gordon and albert have an exchange about going to south dakota. albert makes a sarcastic remark about how he’s been dying to see mount rushmore, cos he hates the god damn sticks as always, but it’s not clear is gordon heard him or not. next episode, gordon and albert are in the car. gordon expresses surprise and sincere disappointment that they aren’t anywhere near mount rushmore. albert expected that and shows him a printed A4 size picture he had prepared in advance. for gordon, this is as thrilling as the real thing. it’s all about the idea of it. ‘there they are, albert. faces of stone’, he says with grim reverence.

that just makes me laugh and like him a lot.

gordon’s demeanour in general is the demeanour of the show. he is by default locked in a scowl brought about by the horrors he has seen, but can and will at any moment break into a 16 foot grin if someone reminds him of the good in the world.

5 Likes

cooper reincarnated as a baby inside a full grown cooper is a good thing

but i don’t think i am as positive-feeling as ALL of you

i am not… “100”

7 Likes

TVLINE | Is there an aspect of the original series you are most proud of?
The pilot is the only thing I am particularly, extremely proud of. There were great moments along the way. The second season sucked.

1 Like

Wack digital effects have been his thing since that weird layered dancing people intro of Muholland Drive. I think cheap is good, and making things look weird is even better, so it’s his perfect combo.

I just caught the broadcast of 3 and 4 and this show is absolute gold.

1 Like

there’s been some minorly icky gender stuff, particularly an inexplicable moment at the end of the last episode, but other than that this is all hilariously great and feels unprecedented and it is exceeding all my expectations and i love it

6 Likes

remember on lost when jack is a bearded sad drunk off island then crashes back on the island and stands up and takes a deep breath of that island oxygen. that’s what watching this show was like to me

I like how the digital hidef and color correction in the red room makes it look even more otherwordly, I’ve seen people keep thinking the whole thing is cgi even though it’s still a set. and I love that even the cgi there is looks like it was made by same the guy who made “six men getting sick.” almost makes me wish lynch was young and just starting out just to see what he could have been doing if he had digital cameras and computers and cgi from the beginning

4 Likes

Obviously that would be great, but… Eraserhead…

I think it’s safe to say I wish Lynch was young and just starting out forever until I die.

Does anyone feel like the Denise scene was Lynch apologising for who he is in a way? Like he was saying “I know I didn’t get trans stuff perfect at all but I tried to be positive about it. Also I love having beautiful naked young women in my work and I’m going to keep doing that even though these days it makes me a creepo.”

3 Likes

Yeah, completely.