The Points... of GigaWing

There’s never been a better time to get into GigaWing.

Shoot ghoulies, collect medals. Medals increase your score multiplier. Reflect bullets back at enemies to create more medals. Go for trillions of points!

14 Likes

I’m going to destroy you all

5 Likes

If I wanted to see trillions on screen I’d buy a damn CALCULATOR!

7 Likes

i’ll post the first score then

7 Likes

One of the very few shmups I 1cced…with very heavy use of rewind :frowning:

3 Likes

I suck at GigaWing but I do like it so I will play it and try to join in on this with my laughably low score.

3 Likes

there are no low scores in giga wing. all scores are HUGE

4 Likes

Single-digit nonzero GigaWing score challenge!

Almost 1cc’d the first stage. This is a really fun chill shooter! This is my pathetic first HS for the boards.

3 Likes

i can’t remember who, but someone once called this “the dynasty warriors of shoting games”

i got to the start of stage 4, with 1,864,733,159,750 points

5 Likes

best score so far: 785,884,156,130

frustrated with myself bc I used to be good at this game… now i can’t even clear stage 3 on one credit

4 Likes

Why’d they mess up GigaWing 2 like that :weary:

Giga Wing Generations feels like a video game cryptid.

2 Likes

Better than my first score, but still not in the trillions.

2 Likes

7.988 trillion

I made it to the sub-final boss with no bombs or lives, and then flubbed it on the easiest pattern. so close to that 1cc!!

9 Likes

yeah i haven’t even gotten anywhere near the trillions because I really suck at this kind of shooter.

I do love that there are styles of shooter for all sorts of different people.

4 Likes

GigaWing is probably the most approachable bullet hell, imo, because you get two invincibility buttons (reflect and bomb) and one of them recharges over time. Part of why it was one of the first games I 1cc’d when I got really into bullet hell games in high school/college.

4 Likes

yeah it’s great I love it it’s the most accessible shooting game of all time which is why everyone should play it so i made this thread so people would play it and now they’re playing it which is good because the game is good and i love it

9 Likes

yeah, it’s really funny because it is approachable as hell, but the very things that make it approachable are what trip me up because they aren’t how I am used to playing STGs at all.

It’s kinda like how Cotton Reboot expects you to used bombs ALL THE DAMN TIME and even charge them, and my brain took a while to get that.

2 Likes

you should try hitogata happa sometime! it forces you to throw all your stg logic away

1 Like