The Official "Is Something Broken?" Thread

Hey that’s great! Thanks! = D

1 Like

Forum auto-linker breaks on an ellipsis in a URL:

https://lezebre.lu/en/jdm-pacman-couse-i-eat-motherfuckers…-decal/?sl=en

Manual link: https://lezebre.lu/en/jdm-pacman-couse-i-eat-motherfuckers…-decal/?sl=en

3 Likes

Over the past couple of days, the forum has started loading extremely slowly on my iphone (using Safari… yeah I know). I get stuck on the little loading animation seemingly indefinitely. Not all the time, but pretty often. Not sure whether a recent change may have lead to this or my phone is just being weird! Anyone else notice this?

you all deserve this for disturbing the natural blob order

5 Likes

every iOS browser is technically safari and iOS safari is probably the most widely supported browser in the world so I wouldn’t worry about that part

2 Likes

when you click a spoilered image for a second time, it makes the image bigger instead of blurring it again

Generally, when you reveal spoiler’d text and images do you:

• Hide it again
  • Leave it so revealed
  • Make a decision based upon the content revealed
  • I never look at spoilers

0 voters

Sorry i broke it, apparently you can’t spoiler polls

ah whatever

it looks like the behavior used to be the opposite but this commit changed it

i think we can make it to where spoilered images don’t work with lightboxes at all with css in the theme but we may need to reverse the change in this commit to effect it

.spoiled {
  img.animated,
  .lightbox {
    pointer-events: none;
  }
}

i can test this later after other staff with more css knowledge have a chance to weigh in @admins

1 Like

thanks for taking a look

Images have been working iffy for me here the past few days, I don’t know if it is on my end or the forums but for example in the pictures that make you reconsider thread, actually let me just link the actual post

https://selectbutton.net/t/pictures-that-make-you-reconsider-things-7-nobunagas-confusion/13319/1472

In the odd easter bunny twitter one the second image never loads, but if I click on the actual twitter link it does.

Some things also popped up in the PC Engine thread recently for me, again it may be on my end but I legit got no clue, it appears to be limited to just here if it is my PC acting up.

looking using a computer, chrome browser

4 Likes

also youtube links become links instead of embeds, except for mathcat’s one in the Ryuichi Sakamoto thread, which i guess is saved by their centering divs

my problem?

1 Like

Oh yeah this is happening in Firefox too.

1 Like

looks like i accidentally sent out an EMP but with that shrink ray radiation instead. sorry about that.

(it’s happening on chrome on desktop for me too. i hate it.)

1 Like

I can confirm that the css component that overrides avatar size broke – we’ll see when someone can work on a fix

1 Like

9 Likes

funny thing happens when i mouseover doolittle’s avatar

this would honestly be a really good april fools’ joke the fact that it’s april 3rd just makes it funnier to me

4 Likes

The avatars should be fixed now.

7 Likes

I can’t recreate this, so I’m not sure what’s going on.