The Official "Is Something Broken?" Thread

you dont have the thread muted by chance?

2 Likes

Definitely an accident, definitely not something I’d do on purpose,‘I love myself too much, thank you, that was the trouble!

12 Likes

ayo, did this happen?

1 Like

shit sorry, will do today, have been busy

1 Like

i need to know what lives inside that fucking cave in scratches avatar i MUST know

3 Likes

going down now!

apologies for unexpectedly long downtime, part of the postgres deployment was deprecated. animated avatars should be working now!

5 Likes

worth it that avatar scared the shit out of me

7 Likes

can confirm, working.

5 Likes

inevitable post: can someone tell me how to block avatars? i have ublock origin if that helps, but doing block element doesnt seem to do it (?)

4 Likes

This did the trick for me. Not that I want to hide avatars, but here you go!

4 Likes

Just confirming that this doesn’t appear to be a preference we can enable in the software itself. Thanks @DaleNixon!

3 Likes

thanks! i wasn’t trying to block all avatars, just particular ones, but

https://selectbutton.net/user_avatar/selectbutton.net/nettle/*

seemed to do it.

i was using the whole address of the image, don’t know why that didnt work

next question, how do you quote text without it getting turned into a link or discord thinking it’s code?

1 Like

Is there a reason the built in videos or whatever have never ever worked for me on iOS?

I suspect they’re in a codec Apple doesn’t support. I can’t play bov’s video either.

If that’s the case there’s not much to be done but I’ll test to see if a known Apple-supported codec has the problem

1 Like

yeah this h264 video plays fine

i’ve taken the audio out of bov’s video, then reencoded it in vp9, toggled on experimental features in safari for vp9 decoding, etc. it just won’t play the webm.

we can’t re-encode files as they’re uploaded to my knowledge and vp8/vp9 webms are the native screen capture on Android so I don’t want to disallow uploads based on file type. I think the ball’s in Apple’s court on this one

3 Likes

taking bets on which avatar did nettle in

i reckon it was Imodium-chan’s little bubble

3 Likes

it’s mine and I’m preemptively outraged

3 Likes

Oh lordy glad these things don’t animate on mobile.

this works on firefox in windows but not in chrome on a chromebook