The Official "Is Something Broken?" Thread

can you paste such a link for me pls

click the top right of any reply post

I’m not able to reproduce this, but I might be misunderstanding the issue. Is it this workflow?

1. On a post that has received a reply, click the “1 Reply” link to show the reply in-line
  2. Scroll down the thread, and the profile picture from the in-line reply scrolls to cover the text.

sorry, this is hard to describe, it’s the reverse – click the link from the reply, not the original post.

Ah, ok. so it’s:

1. On a post that is a reply to another post, click the arrow and avatar/username link in the top-right of the post to show the original post that’s being replied to in-line
  2. Scroll down the thread, and the profile picture from the in-line original post scrolls to cover the text.

This functionality actually is also working without issue for me right now, I can’t reproduce the bug.

What browser are you using? Are you on desktop with a full sized window?

yeah, it needs to be a sufficiently long post that it can scroll with just the original post

I think I found a sufficiently long post and didn’t see the bug, but it’s in the axe so I don’t want to share a screenshot in this public forum. Got any other example posts you can link to where you’re seeing this?

yeah, that one I linked is pretty recent in the Elden Ring thread… I’ll see if I can figure out how not to duplicate it, in case it’s me

2 Likes

yeah I can’t reproduce it either. I wonder if it only happens at a certain viewport width

1 Like

I browse pretty narrow on desktop, that’s probably it

Likewise, couldn’t reproduce it.

yeah it is indeed the viewport width. seems to maybe be a kind of a tricky edge case:
viewport-bug
but I’ll see what I can figure out

1 Like

okay I’ve implemented an extremely hacky fix because as far as I can tell a proper solution would involve adding additional markup and/or javascript that would seem risky to me.

5 Likes

thx bud

1 Like

So it isn’t broken per se but is there any way to get rid of the “someone already posted this link” message that pops up whenever one posts the same link that someone else did earlier in a topic? It was never much of an issue before the wordle topic but now pops up multiple times daily for me when I copy and paste my results as they include a link in them and is rather annoying.

So I have a new gif to use as an avatar that was made by Senor Bachelor – when I try and set it by uploading, it doesn’t appear to animate at all, even though that hasn’t been a problem with any of the other animated gifs he’s made for people?

animated gifs for avatars have never been officially supported afaict and have always worked as a sort of loophole – I wonder if they patched it out or there’s an override we can use.

I can add this to our deployment sometime this week, looks like it was patched out over a year ago and this plugin was only created last month

7 Likes

I had the same problem upthread fwiw

1 Like

The 501 Games of All Times thread does not show up in the topic list when I am logged in on both mobile and desktop. I am also not getting any notifications for it. Not a big deal if other folks can see it but…odd? It used to be an Axe thread that was moved to KoP. Maybe that has something to do with it?