The News Grandmaster 4000

lol

5 Likes

well, that’s bad. I still kind of want to have it on steam and play it though. it’s been too long, killer 7, it’s been too long

the game might actually be better with mouse control though

Yeah, this

They never did release a Wii version with motion controls did they

a quick search reveals that no, they didn’t. I did learn however that IGN is on the “like” side of the Killer 7 line because I saw their video review for it

I payed 60 dollars for Killer7 new and have never regretted it.

4 Likes

as the resident emulation advocate I want to say this is totally reasonable since if they don’t still have the source or don’t want to do all that porting work there’s no better way to make the game available, and if they’re already rewriting the rendering to be DX11-only, the CPU requirements difference from recompiling the old PPC 750 code is negligible.

still the least they could do in that case is provide as many options as you’d get in dolphin and port it to non-Windows platforms but I have no problem with rightsholders shipping emulators as long as everyone gets paid and it doesn’t make them any more litigious.

1 Like

I mean why not letterbox the damn game

My first internet encounter with Adilegian was the giant FAQ he wrote about Killer7’s plot, and it still rules. I made image files of it to read it on my PSP because the PSP didn’t support .txt files.

Am hype to pay for a weird emulator version of this game, no doubt.

7 Likes

just now really watched that Battlefield V trailer.

Videogames, more than any other medium, reliably make me go “this is the most stupid thing I’ve ever seen”

5 Likes

Ready Player One is pretty close at least

1 Like

Yeah but BF games are pretty fun to play so

1 Like

I was about to add that that often doesn’t hinder my excitement for/enjoyment of them though, so I get what you’re saying. It’s just weird that they can be so stupid and yet so much fun to play

7 Likes

Peeps, what is this game and why does it have One Piece in it? (skip to 0:54 to get past the nothing)

Like, were these kinds of games always getting made and never noticed because they stayed in Japan or something or had more obscure licenses that never got much traction in the west?

Or is it just Namco looking at Breath of the Wild and Spider-Mans and really wanting to do that too?

Devs GANBARION previously known for Pandora’s Tower (which this game seems to share a lot of major names with) and the underrated Dragon Ball Fusions

4 Likes

All I know is that game has me more interested in both One Piece and open-world gameplay than I have been in a long while.

This is an evolution of Ganbarion’s One Piece Unlimited World series of games, which were smaller scope action adventure games (exploring island environments rather than open cities) but I was impressed when I saw the trailers for World Seeker. I like the emphasis on movement options for the open world traversal. Stealth stuff is a bit weird for One Piece but I guess some Metal Gear Solid V influence wouldn’t be surprising. A less anime version of MGSV could still be cool.

4 Likes

I wish I were 13 right now. Im not the biggest anime fan. But, an actual good DBZ game in 1998, woulda been nice. This One Piece game looks nice.

1 Like

Namco’s been publishing more interesting games using anime IPs recently, rather than only pushing out obviously bad action/fighting games (and some of their releases still look like that, such as the recent Seven Deadly Sins arena fighter).

And they’re all getting PC releases to boot. They’ve also got that ongoing Digimon RPG series and have been getting more ambitious with their mobile action games. Most of these probably still won’t fall on the “must play” line but at least they’re more curious to look into and are trying to establish some unique identities as games (and I’ll probably buy most of them anyway, at least on the cheap [as cheap as Namco games get on PC]).

1 Like