The News Grandmaster 4000

Can’t wait to see the cheers for a “complete” version of Yak3 in 英語 followed by endless cries of “how the hell does mahjong/shogi even work wtf”

2 Likes

I am desperate to do well at the mahjong games in 6, but I keep coming in 2nd without winning a single hand, which feels like the game being just SUPER patronizing

1 Like

pretty accurate to real mahjong assuming you aren’t dealing into other people’s hands

1 Like

I may never read a more auspicious headline

6 Likes
1 Like

the hunie devs are trashy gators so it’s not a surprise they went with that

they tried pretty hard to make a hashtag named that take off and boy did everyone else roll their eyes

of course media journalists focused on that line because it’s eye-catching. ugh.

2 Likes

This makes sense in that it looked overwhelmingly likely that AMD wouldn’t be able to offer a generational upgrade without a 7nm process in full production (there’s just no way they can get 10tflops into 150w with their current thermal technology and that’s pretty much the target), and that’s not going to happen before 2020. Glad that all the rumours will die down for a bit.

The downside is that I might finally need a CPU upgrade to run next generation’s PC ports since it should be trivial for them to ship an x86 package that’s like twice as powerful as a 3770k equivalent at that point

3 Likes

durf

I don’t even know whether a ballsout gonzo stars 'n stripes John Wick-lite version of this miserable war is good or bad any more.

When the CoD guy just started admitting that the MP is WWII fanfiction, I was like, ok, cool. I guess when you get down to the last of your veterans you don’t have to pretend anymore

5 Likes

Its nothing to do with John Wick. That trailer is basically a peek at the sort of stuff which happens all the time in multiplayer, since forever. They even branded it as “Battlefield Moments” for Bad Company 2, and did a series of gameplay trailers featuring real moments. (indeed this trailer reminded me a lot of Bad Company 2, with the “Levolution” feature of Battlefield 4).

Scripting those moments into single player (if that’s the implication) could be a refreshing turn from “here is the 34th roadblock where you stop and plink at guys behind cover.”

In my opinion, the last time they married multiplayer aspects to single player (Bad Company 1) they ended up with one of the best single player FPS campaigns of that generation.

And at this point, I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t take character liberties ala MGS, Mad Max, etc.

• Im pretty sure the shooshing was a nod to the stabbing scene in Saving Private Ryan.

Sure I get all that. What I mean is that I’m at a point personally (reached previously by many others) where I don’t know that portraying real historical conflicts in this way is justified by any amount of fun, at least not without some greater artistic purpose (yes: Inglourious Basterds is amazing). Can’t people just play fucking Titanfall instead

6 Likes

can we start a petition to get the official tagline for this game to be

WAR: I love this sh*t!!

4 Likes

“Honor the sacrifices of the Greatest Generation by playing this goofy ass game.”

Justified or not it does sound pretty cool.

I might actually play a Battlefield. I don’t usually go in for the multiplayer shooters but dang if that doesn’t sound like a good time. Will be interesting to see the game in action once E3 rolls around next month.

1 Like

at least the internet is pissing itself over the inclusion of women, etc.

oh they’re mad about the prosthesis too

I didn’t know fake arms were sjw propaganda but you learn something new everyday I guess?

1 Like

Honestly the claw lady didn’t even register as goobergobber ragebait, I was just like “this is a lot of anime for a war that millions of people died in”. I’m just that disconnected from the True Gamersoul, I guess.

now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be reinstalling the historically rigorous simulation of Battleifield 1 where everyone is armed with prototype/extremely low production run firearms so they can shoot real fast I’m going to to try to snipe someone with an anti-tank rifle while crouched on the wing of a sopwith camel then parachute seamlessly onto horseback just like my great-grandpappy

5 Likes

j/k my great grandpappy was a german immigrant kid during ww1 he was busy getting pelted with fruit and rocks and called a kraut he would nurse a bitterness re:this for the rest of his life 8)

4 Likes