The News Grandmaster 4000

I dunno about COD. But I’m sure Frostbite would be pretty easy tweak for it.

So apparently Bullet Witch is getting a Steam release in… a few days?

Was Bullet Witch any good?

2 Likes

I’ve never played it, but it really got talked up a lot on the Insert Credit podcast, to the point where I really wanted to try it out. I watched a video of it, and it looks super janky and weird in that off-putting, uncanny way that true selectbutts would die for.

No it wasn’t. Don’t believe Rudie’s lies. I’m Captain Basch!

I’m all for janky games that at least have interesting ideas but I never saw anything of particular note in it as far as I got. What was the argument for this game again?

1 Like

It was panned hard by reviewers.

No, really.

It fucking rules!

It is three hours long. It has six giant stages. You summon a lightning storm to blow up a gas station. You fight a sky seperent on top of a jumbo jet. You summon a tornadoto wreck down town. It is glorious no quicktime event spectacle.

The game expects you to enjoy it. You want to play through first on easy and work your way up the difficulties because your stat growth carries over. When I revisited it I made the mistake of playing on hard first and everything was well…too hard.

Not a thing anymore but I love in the days of Gamer Score you got 1 point for beating it on the top difficulty.

Like from minute one of playing Bullet Witch I thought it was incredible. So if you don’t I don’t know what to tell you.

My head canon is Ninja Blade and Bullet Witch take place in the same universe as the world is consumed by hellmonsters.

8 Likes

It was made by cavia.

2 Likes

That was also the argument for Drakengard 2, if I remember correctly.

I kind of want to play both games again now, since I never finished either of them.

And that Ghost in the Shell game they made as well for PS2.

I miss cavia.

2 Likes

Bulletwitch had some good stuff.

6 Likes

I have always wanted to play the IC/SB xbox faves so this is a godsend for me. viva la jank

For the Umpteenth time I got nothing out of Drakengard 2, but I still think GiTSSAC PS2 is pretty cool. GITSSAC, Bullet Witch, and Nier is a pretty good resume.

I would like to add since all the Outspoken Fans of Trash and/or Jank have come out of the woodwork to rep this game, I myself, a person who is not a fan by any means of such things, a person of extremely refined taste, found bullet witch to be one of the absolute best games ever made.

7 Likes

lol

but also

Dolphin!

1 Like

it’s awesome that the tegra hardware is already relatively well-supported by Linux so it shouldn’t be hard at all to build emulators for this thing, they barely even need porting, just UI standardization

the CPU performance is v borderline for Dolphin though…

Also big Bullet Witch fan here, what rudie says is truth.

Especially about the difficulties! I actually went Normal -> Easy -> Hard my first time and it was fine, but probably best just to start at Easy and work up.

The biggest tip for enjoyment is to never stop using your witch powers. The ones that power up your gun are probably the most important since they make shooting things not suck; in fact they make it great. Especially fire bullets. You get enough juice that you can just do that all the time. But also use the other powers because they are fun too! Be the Bullet Witch!

2 Likes

Was just thinking it is so cool in Bullet Witch you can almost spam the super attacks that cause the whole screen to explode.

1 Like

it is good and i am looking forward to seeing this in 60fps (I hope??) and with mouse look (surely!)!!

1 Like

How is Bullet Witch not just worse EDF

1 Like

Come on now we all know the only thing that could possibly make EDF better is witches.

FACT: Witches make everything better.

1 Like