The News Grandmaster 4000

Fighting giant witches dropped like ravagers?.. Well, why not, EDF EDF EDF EDF…

I wish to be a
BULLET
WITCH

it lets me be a
BULLET
WITCH

6 Likes

bullet witch is great

still no news on a western release but i assume steam means it’s going to happen at some point?

have to admit this has been quite an underwhelming year for me so far; Unity projects have been letting me down and unlike the past couple years there hasn’t been enough interesting big budget stuff to make up for it. My favourite release so far is probably Planetoid Pioneers and most of what I’m excited about is eventual early access releases like Overload or SpyParty or Dead Cells or Qud.

1 Like

Totally. MonHun and Yak6 are essentially late to the party 2017 releases, and now we’re in for a drought. Good thing MonHun is like a 400 hour game.

Overload did just get a date at least

But even the positive reviews of Battletech make it sound like a very simple optimization puzzle dragged out as long as possible

Then again there hasn’t really been a bad year for vidcons since 2008 so I shouldn’t complain too much

oh wait wait wait

https://www.pcgamesn.com/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire/pillars-of-eternity-ii-companions-custom-ai

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

the one thing that gets me to buy a realtime with pausing RPG

2 Likes

this year is looking pretty good for me but mostly because i’ve been after a (fingers crossed) good port of super turbo and a hd dragon quest for years

that rps thing totally put me off battletech mind

I guess I can see this on Yak6, as it was actually a 2016 release, but MonHun was a global release all on the same day, so I don’t really get how it qualifies as such.

The RPS review just moves Battletech to “wait for a steam sale” for me, which I am fine with, as I don’t have a decent videocard and that ain’t changing any time soon.

I must not have been playing the same game because I very much remember getting in to a situation where I couldn’t use any magic stuff because I used it to much and lowered my cap to where I couldn’t do anything except for the cheapest thing I had. What made it worse was I had no enemies to kill to boost my cap back up. This was probably the most souring spot for me next to the time my lighting missed the sky whale because the spacing/aiming for it was unknown to me since I didn’t use it much.

1 Like

Not literally, but 2017 was a pretty epic game year, and MonHun “fits” mentally in my consumer mind. I could say something about a less subjective argument involving “dev cycles”, but I have no idea how that really works.

Edit: yeah booj i don’t get it either. My brain is dumb sometimes

I forbid anyone in my party from ever falling in love

7 Likes

It’s just weird to me to go “well, this year hasn’t been that good for games, except for this game that release this year, but I will mentally put that in a different year it was never planned to be released in”. It’s just a weird leap to make.

2 Likes

I do the same thing mentally sometimes though I wouldn’t really try to make a case for it making sense to other people on technical grounds, and fwiw I would count MHW as 2018 (it’s right after planetoid pioneers for me), though I didn’t leap at Yak6

excite

3 Likes

Bullet Witch is worth playing just to see yourself being crushed by debris from your own magic tornado. You get a meteor spell later that escalates the ragdoll havoc (in Havok?)
Have not played GitS PS2 in a while but remember it also having that Cavia quality of feeling janky and satisfying at the same time.

Oh wow, looks like someone has finally completed the vision that was laid out in Terminal Velocity, looks promising.

I… can’t… help… casting heal wounds… on… health < 30%… youuuuuu