The News Grandmaster 4000

Sorry to hear SWERY’s game didn’t hit its goal but it just proves what I’ve been saying all along: the people know the true #1 alcoholic blonde sim is on its way and they refuse to settle for second best. Don’t give your money to impostors! DDD: THE NATURAL PLAYBOYS looks better! It plays better! It reads better! It is better…and I’m not even asking for a handout*.

I’m just getting it done…one day at a time. :triumph:

*DM me for my Paypal. Donate more than $1,000 and I’ll make you the main character.

4 Likes

You oughta be paying me to be the main character, Hobo. I know what the people want.

2 Likes

Okay but only if you turn me into Laura

2 Likes

This game just came out. I know nothing about it.
But just fucking look at this:

https://www.gog.com/game/yono_and_the_celestial_elephants
YONO IS STILL SO VERY YOUNG BUY THIS ADORABLE THING

4 Likes

5 Likes

Lord the entitled nerds are really really tearing him to shreds and that fucking sucks.

What a surprise it is a bunch of gamergate fuckheads.

Knew things were wrong when they decided to double their game on day 10 by making it Dogs and Cats. That felt so soul-crushing. Swery making any compromise just so that he can make a game.

Dude needs to shoot out a six month smartphone visual novel that costs 5 dollars.

1 Like

I assume this is directed at me.

How does what I said make me an “entitled nerd” and additionally, how the fuck does it make me a “gamergate fuckhead” (and how is that even at all relevant anyway to this aside from you apparently wanting to attack somebody you disagree with?)?

I’ve never even made a stance on anything related to that.

I don’t think it’s targeted at you, it’s just in general.

What??

No. Have you looked at Swery’s mentions? They are pure nasty. FINISH D4! You never delivery on anything. Mkae it for the switch why is it cats instead of Dogs you shithead.

I have no idea what you said! Were you mean to Swery on twitter?

If you mean what you said in this thread? I agree with all of it. It was too large a goal. No one except big weirdos remember who Swery is. Now I am worried You went to bed angry because of me and I feel bad about it!

1 Like

i wish video games had uberwealthy midlife crisis art collector-types that funded promising indies and auteurs. konami was kind of like that for kojima until the term late capitalism started being used a lot? swery is like an alcoholic savant who totally would have made sculptures in the 60s.

does bobby kotick have a son who goes on neogaf and is getting all of activision’s money when he dies? maybe he can be what i’m talking about

7 Likes

If I had the requisite hardware and a decent internet connection I’d probably play this

IGN bought Humble Bundle apparently. There’s a vocal segment online that’s down on that move because what they see as a pretty visible conflict of interest; one section reviews games but the Bundle is in the business of directly selling them. I personally hold no view yet.

The idea of a conflict of interest at IGN is very funny to me.

Incidentally I got to watch the sausage get made this week with ad campaigns and game media sites; there is definitely direct targeted retaliation by publishers for bad reviews, and management is comfortable enough to announce to the studio, “fuck 'em”.

4 Likes

Smash that blood potion if you remember the McDonalds Explosion on IGN.

1 Like

i’m amazed IGN still exists, let alone has enough money to buy anything

1 Like

Gamespot is following the slow decline you’d have predicted but IGN has doubled down on digging dumb and rode its diversified sports and cars and wrestling and video pivot to being near as relevant to today’s thirteen-year-old boys as 2001’s thirteen-year-old boys.

Almost time to start buying games solely through Itch

3 Likes

This is a non-story at the moment but I am very excited.

goddammit

I’m seriously not willing to have facebook hardware in my house

1 Like