The News Grandmaster 4000

what’s the feedback on this so far? Is it meaningfully more interesting than the first 3? No automatic boring gear upgrades, fewer broken rush strategies, less animu?

from what i’ve seen of the demo it looks very similar to the first game, so probably not

1 Like

new sonic kart comin

3 Likes

R for “Remaster” lol

1 Like

The only way I’ll ever care about a new Sonic racing game is if it has the same people who did the Sonic R soundtrack on board. I just want more bad, happy eurotrance jams! Come on Sega! Do me a solid!

2 Likes

i mean it is actually the same guy but i know what you mean

4 Likes

that R purposefully looks like the Sonic R “R” so i think at least “Super Sonic Racing” being featured (as well as maybe being the title of the game) is a strong possibility

this is probably gonna just be Sonic characters this time though, right? i hope not, i’m hoping for a Bayonetta car made completely out of hair and monster teeth

2 Likes

even sonic riders has like nights and ulala and amigo and whatnot so who knows

1 Like

Billy Hatcher egg-rickshaw vs. Virtual On mech vs. the roller skating kid from Streets of Rage driving the stolen cop car with the rocket launcher vs. a constantly moving hulking mass of Puyos vs. Sam Gideon from Vanquish just slide boosting the whole time

12 Likes

Yeah word on the street is that it is only sonic franchise characters this time, which makes me drastically less interested in it

4 Likes

airdrifting through a Nights level with the After Burner tomcat was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a racing game

3 Likes
3 Likes

when is polybius PC though

Always bet on ga Dragon

August 28

(I’ve kind of heard some iffy stuff about this one though? Had some cuts to it like an Osaka area Shinseicho being removed entirely with its story parts moved to other areas. Not sure how big of a deal that actually is though)

4 Likes

now what’d they go and do that for

May have gone over budget before they could finish it or had some technical issue they couldn’t resolve.

Souls of War

Isn’t that in line with Yakuza 2? iirc the Osaka area in 5 and 0 were larger than in the original 2.

I feel like I’m the only one on SB who hates on Sanic Kart. It’s got heart, but the heart to jank ratio is out of wack for me. With that being said, I do think there’s enough there to make me excited for a new one.

Internet Archive has begun emulating old LCD handheld games.

https://archive.org/details/handheldhistory

I am all about this Gauntlet one: https://archive.org/details/hh_tgaunt

2 Likes