The News Grandmaster 4000

They’re mostly sticking to hero/villain pairs for each iteration (Kain from FFV being an outlier) so they’re probably going to pass on all the side characters you spent the game getting to know. That said, while this season has six characters coming the devs want to eventually hit 50 characters total (I think they now have 29 counting Vayne) so that would leave at least a handful of slots for people outside the hero/villains. But if they already did Kain they could always break the formula again.

Also Vaan is the bomb in Dissidia NT. You’d probably get Penello before Fran anyway.

2 Likes

Looked up the cast list for the first time and, fuck, they removed Laguna, Gilgamesh, Gabranth and Tifa from this? :sadpig:

Okay, I know that those characters specifically were liked wiped from everyone’s memories and existence itself forever in a pretty hilarious way to justify a revision update being a prequel but does NT’s story then acknowledge this with Cain, Vaan and Lightning? I probably should just read a plot summary because clearly I still care about Dissidia’s infinite lore. 012 did seem like a pretty final thing though unless NT too is a prequel.

1 Like

It’s just an hour of cutscenes (with a handful of battles) so you could sit down and watch it on YouTube, but the story isn’t much of anything. It’s mostly just getting to see FF characters be goofy with each other again. While it technically does close a plot thread from the previous game I don’t think anyone finds it a particularly satisfying “story”. I don’t think this game ever had a chance of living up to it’s predecessors since there was no way this would ever get an RPG mode, but there’s no reason an hour of cutscenes couldn’t have conveyed a short, focused narrative.

Now that I think about, it is presented in a non-linear fashion because the cast breaks out into 4 groups persuing different paths but as long as whatever video you’re watching shows the story progression tree at the beginning of each cutscene you should be fine.

I remember seeing that Dissidia booth staff at tradeshows were always wearing this shirt and I was interested in finding out what it meant.

Wow huh that sounds like an interesting theme to persue in the new game. But :dongdance:

1 Like

wowzers

2 Likes

It’s been long enough that I think I can stand this well being dipped into again:

Here’s a comment on the Eurogamer article that seems pretty sharp:

1 Like

Yet another Genesis collection!

Edit:actually watched the video oh it’s the same one from PC.

Any chance at all of the Taxman/Stealth Sonic remakes getting non-mobile ports with this? Would guess though that it would only happen if they let them do Sonic 3K as well so they could sell them as a trilogy.

how is this not on Switch

furthermore, why are most games not on Switch

if i can’t hide under the covers during a depressive state and casually play it for 45 minutes before falling asleep at 4pm, then why even fucking bother

6 Likes

Doubt it this is absolutely just gonna be the same frontend as the steam version. Which isn’t terrible and they made it better. It’s value came from it regularly being dirt cheap on sale.

Is that the one that also supports romhacks through the workshop? Does that stuff actually work the way one would want?

1 Like

I always heard the frontend ruined the emulation of the games themselves, like they ran worse or something?

Except for helping with Titanfall-----bluepoint has sorta been a Sony second party. I would be pretty surprised if their next project isn’t something Sony or closely associated with Sony.

But, I think Disney would really like to get Star Wars into a better position with gamers. A KoTOR remake would certainly be an easy way to do that. And that IS fun to think about.

If a Mirrowind remake happens, I think Bethesda has too much pride to let someone else do that.

It’s a Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake You Cads.

3 Likes

Vib Ribbon Revelations

6 Likes

A third competing Star Control remake

3 Likes

Everyone knows it’s really going to be Gex

6 Likes

It’s Godhand imho

4 Likes

It’s Knack

5 Likes