The News Grandmaster 4000

What the fuck. I hate how the kickstarter backers keep having to find game screens from the greater internet and we just find out what Suzuki’s next public apperance is.

Looks like someone from Baki.

2 Likes

oh hey, I remember this game looking cool

EIYUU SENKI GOT A FUCKING WESTERN RELEASE IN 2016?

If you understand this sentence I’m sorry. If you don’t you are okay.

Yeah, and it was a family friendly console release too. I am still not sure why. I can only assume someone was a big fan and thought it could ride the VN localization wave.

nani?!

edit: they very sneakily hid the UI away in a tiny part of the trailer, not in any of the screens. it is indeed a phone port.

whyyyyyyy would anyone ever want to play this with those horrible fonts

few too many publishers shitting on their own histories lately for my tastes

2 Likes

in other news

officially april!

that’s OK!!

it’s $$$$ though if you didn’t back it and I’m still not sure whether these guys are actually good at combat (though the lead writer from dragonfall is a friend of a friend and a very good dude so they have that going for them)

3 Likes

yakuza 6 demo is on western psn now
it’s nearly 40gb lol

in other demo news hokuto ga gotoku and valkyria 4 have demos on jpsn and the ffxv windows demo is on steam

Is this, however, the only way to play Chrono Trigger on the PC that includes both the higher quality PSX cut scenes AND the DS Bonus dungeons?

I think it is.

Well, I guess you could emulate a phone and then get the mobile version, but this is much easier. Also completely pointless, just play the original or PSX, the bonus dungeons are real bad.

I would underline this part

“definitive versions” are almost always an insult to the original release

I’m really into the minute variations of games released multiple times though.

For instance, in the Dragon Quest Builders Switch release, you can’t build over deep water! But according to posts I found on GameFAQs (lol) you can do that on the PS4 version! It’s totally undocumented though, so it might have been changed in a patch anyway

uh

But yeah I actually do love this shit, I want them to release a PC version of Chrono Cross that changes the font to be horrible but also adds 15 polygons to one of the models just so that it’s slightly different.

1 Like

oh yeah that stuff is neat, I wound up watching this on sunday for reasons I can’t remember

1 Like

more controller diagrams need an “Unused” option

1 Like

also can someone tell me the technical reason that the sega genesis version is slightly wider than the SNES version?

genesis has a higher resolution! it’s 320x224 vs 256x224 afaik

1 Like

chef kissing fingers

12 Likes

fuck me

neat

so like…

hmm

i need to learn more about CRTs

Thank you for reviewing the kickstarter games I stopped backing after DFA.