The News Grandmaster 4000

I’m digging this trend of old-school game composers going solo. Someone call up Richard Jacques, I need him to make the corny 90’s vocal trance/DnB album of my dreams.

David Wise is invited too.

1 Like

idk where to put this. did we have a quake thread somewhere? haven’t tried it yet but the itch subtitle looks perfect.

2 Likes

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cuphead/id1324520240?mt=8

???

edit: well there we go

posting here too because yay

3 Likes

Cool

C-cool :confused:

1 Like

Dead rising has gotten weird lately

ScummVM 2.0 released! Adds support for a lot of new games:

• Cranston Manor
  • Full Pipe
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Gabriel Knight 2
  • King’s Quest VII
  • King’s Questions
  • Leisure Suit Larry 6 (hi-res)
  • Leisure Suit Larry 7
  • Lighthouse
  • Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Phantasmagoria 2
  • Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties
  • Police Quest 4
  • RAMA
  • Riven: The Sequel to Myst @Father.Torque
  • Space Quest 6
  • Starship Titanic
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Time Zone
  • Torin’s Passage
  • Ulysses and the Golden Fleece

http://scummvm.org/news/20171217/

2 Likes

Starship Titanic rules, has anyone here ever played that one? I got it as a kid and though I found much of it incomprehensibly difficult, I loved the world it created and the excellent writing. It turned me on to Douglas Adams! I even read the novelization, which was total crap.

I’m… actually pretty interested in this. I have only a passing knowledge of the show/manga though I have enjoyed what I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Wow. This is really one hell of a list. Also it is weird to keep calling this piece of software ScummVM but name recognition I guess

riven is more immediately fair game than you’d think because it was made in the same mohawk engine that cyan originally wrote for the PC port of myst (since the very first mac version was – hell fucking yes – developed in hypercard) and which was used for pretty much all of broderbund’s scumm-contemporary PC adventure games (like carmen sandiego) since then; riven was effectively its swan song.

1 Like

I read the book, too! It was written by Terry Jones. It was at my school library for some reason?! I remember it having a large focus on sex for some reason and also not being great. It did help me with some puzzle solutions though, like tricking the bomb (John Cleese) into counting upwards.

And yeah, I loved the world and exploring too, even if the game itself was pretty badly designed. It was just a lot of fun exploring, though. I liked the first puzzle where you’re in the cheapest room and have to re-arrange everything to find your bed.

1 Like

Yes, the room rearrangement was definitely the highlight! I also remember getting a kick out of the quest to feed the parrot pistachios.

is this related 2 this
4 Likes

I don’t believe so since Humanity is by a Japanese developer but it mat be inspired by Ferraro.

I certainly was! Thanks whoever linked that a while ago, I love his stuff

i was scrolling on All Games Delta and saw this and nearly had a heart attack before realizing it was just a proof of concept

We made this Visual Proof of Concept after Sony expressed interest in seeing the characters in motion at GDC 2017. We spent a week animating and building the city for this presentation which was ultimately turned down by Sega.

PS4/Vita Remake of Catherine incoming, apparently featuring a third Catherine.

Kathryn?

The idea of returning to Catherine kinda makes me cringe.

I’d be happy with just the multiplayer mode spun off into its own thing, with all of the story content completely removed.

1 Like

@ this point im seeing visions of frank ocean approaching sega with ryuta ueda and hideki naganuma in tow, telling them that they have ad-rock and mike d on speed dial, and that they just need a publisher