The News Grandmaster 4000

http://diymag.com/2017/12/12/frank-ocean-launches-grand-theft-auto-radio-station

1 Like

I want to play this game very badly.

I also want to play this, Reverse Katamari

Yeah, I messed with Framed (whose entire dev cycle took place in between the Gorogoa demo and now afaik) a little bit in anticipation of this one and didnā€™t find it too satisfying ā€“ itā€™s more like a less playful, less interesting version of the best Eyezmaze/Grow games (perform actions in a different order and watch the ecosystem react!) than anything else. While superficially similar this seems like it has a lot more going on.

grim fandango remastered is free on gog. thatā€™s a pretty nice vidcon

this is very interesting

I think itā€™s worth a shot, legislatively

Thatā€™s from 2015

oh

goddammit

thanks

why did they run it as a headline???

this game just came out, i bought the original way back in the day and got a free code for the sequel but i havenā€™t tried it yet!!

itā€™s an asynchronous multiplayer RTS where you canā€™t control your units, just build things and hope they do what they want. itā€™s absolutely bizarre but it works in practice! very early-molyneux-esque kind of idea. i really like it

the name is unpronounceable of course.

if itā€™s anything like the original this will run on a potato

1 Like
5 Likes

I read the first line of that game description and was so glad that someone decided to make an Intelligent Qube knock-off.

I just played through this in one sitting and it was extraordinary.

highly highly highly recommended! Itā€™s wonderfully intuitive, unlikely anyone will get stuck long. reminded me of doing the same with seiklus one night about a decade ago.

an astonishing amount of craft went into those 90 minutes

wonā€™t spoil anything but the different thematic metaphors used, especially for the middle chapters, are extremely satisfying on a purely mechanical level

2 Likes

itā€™s both lower friction and more affectionately videogamey than Simogoā€™s stuff too, and perceptibly very very careful about how much it wants to repeat a given mechanic or overwhelm you with options within the four panels in front of you.

Good one to recommend to basically everyone you know.

Thank you. I think Iā€™ve wanted someone to write about this for a very long time now.

What platform did you play it on, out of curiosity? Iā€™m probably going to pick up the Switch version, but somewhat tempted to hijack/borrow my mamā€™s iPadā€¦

iPhone, but I doubt any other would be much different.

Really? Iā€™d think the screen size would make you miss a lot of the little details, but maybe I will give it a shot

I have a big honkinā€™ iPhone and (at least in the build for the X) you can zoom on any of the panels while youā€™re interacting with them

but yeah I could totally see it having more room to breathe on a monitor, either way

3 Likes