The News Grandmaster 4000

Metal Gear Rising is better is the end of the debate.

Platinun kind of made all their games their own format so it just depends on how much you like that format. MGRR is my favorite version of that format.

I still have dumb hangups on the bayonetta games because they psychologically punish you for retrying but do not offer an easy way to just restart. You have to confront and be made aware That You Died And You Were Not Good Enough To Succeed. There is an immediate counter to game over too. This was more erroreous in 1 with instant fail QTEs. Your Are Being Graded And You Already Have Points Off.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thatā€™s a real good fakeout that I almost wish the thumbnail hadnā€™t spoiled.

1 Like

too bad iā€™m not buying anything from that company while that piece of shit is still running it

3 Likes

A little late.

Looking this up sure brought back some pretty bummer memories. Oh well.

Romancing SaGa 2 is coming to PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One on the 15th in Japan

edit: oh wait it appears theyā€™re also releasing it worldwide on the same day, gg

5 Likes

Who? What did this person do? I donā€™t doubt you, but just curious as I am out of that loop.

Yeah, MGR is easily my favorite Platinum game.

Man, so given that my reading of 1 was way less generous than yours, 2 sounds like some repug shit, so my hopes for 3 are not high.

1 Like

yeah I think most people are just equally dismissive of both tbh which is not an unreasonable position but if 1 was problematic for you I canā€™t see 2 not being worse, and as someone who actually liked a significant part of what they did with the first one I was pretty unimpressed

The biggest disappointment in Bayo2 is the lack of a song and dance number during/after the credits.

i read an article by Kat Cross today that seems to align with your reading so iā€™m interested in the game, i just have no idea when or on what iā€™ll ever play it

i promise i will make the big thread about romasaga 2, goty

7 Likes

I mean, there is a PC port, so that is probably the most likely? And given that it was a 360/ps3 game, I am betting this system requirements arenā€™t too demanding, but I donā€™t know your system.

I just can never get over how Male Gazey the whole game is, like every single moment.

Asian themed Souls?

I wonder why so many people think itā€™d be Bloodborne 2 when the sound as well as the background indicate itā€™s Asian themed.

Yeah, that really seems to be what this is pointing to.

Which sure seems exciting to me. Iā€™ve been wanting to see what the From teams might do taking their brooding dark fantasy and Victorian gothic mood to East Asia.

Some people speculate itā€™s somehow related to Kuon because a particular sound in the teaser is a common scare jingle in Kuon, although it might as well be a stock audio cue that From reuses.

In any case, intrigued, although I hope they have something besides a Souls-like planned.

I just want more Armored Core :frowning:

3 Likes

itā€™s coming, they swear!

missed opportunity to not promote this as ā€œstill blade / after all these yearsā€ imo