The News Grandmaster 4000

So is Kinect confirmed for this or what?

I think enough time has passed since my so-so feelings on Wolf 2 that Iā€™m ready to run around Paris as BJā€™s southern fried kids.

Also sounds like they had Arkane pitch in, which oughta be pretty good!

7 Likes

yes yes yes

sooner than expected

Besides all the FUCKING, thatā€™s a cool trailer. Carpenter Brut didnā€™t hurt. I still liked Wolf 2 even if the level design was a lot weaker than 1 so Iā€™m definitely on board.

Hell yeah, hypest trailer of 2019 for that alone! I just wish that Carpenter Brut, Mega Drive and Perturbator are all going to be in Cyberpunk 2077. Mega Drive being my fave. Synthwave needs to make it big time

1 Like

The new ps+ games are The Surge and Conan Exiles, oof

Glad I didnā€™t buy another year while it was on sale

1 Like

I could fuck with The Surge for an hour or two I think

https://yachtclubgames.com/cyber-shadow/
8 Likes

wow this looks very good

but i am of the opinion that shovel knight was very good so

1 Like

(it was and all you haters are just that)

4 Likes

we fought the nazis alongside the black panthers just to bring back the fbi?

4 Likes

I feel bad I donā€™t like Shovel Knight! Especially because by all indications I should love it. Something about it just feelsā€¦off. Unenthusiastic. Itā€™s hard to put into words.

And this trailer gives me the exact same vibe. Gorgeous, technically perfect, just ever so slightlyā€¦sterile despite all attempts to not be?

4 Likes

I felt the same way, though I admittedly liked the Plague Knight expansion a lot more. I found it a lot more interesting and compelling overall, (maybe mostly cause I liked moving around in it more).

That said, I kinda dig the looks of this. I feel like the kind of genre of NES-era platformer this oneā€™s riffing isnā€™t as thoroughly homaged as that which Shovel Knight did. So Iā€™m interested.

1 Like

I super enjoyed Shovel Knight and I thought it felt immensely enthusiastic and full of love. Hell, Iā€™d have been happy to play a ____ Knight expansion for the whole gang.

That being said, with The Messenger still fresh a Ninja Gaiden-y vibe doesnā€™t really have the same luster Iā€™m sure theyā€™d like. To me though, theyā€™ve already earned a supporter for whatever they come out with.

(Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t disappointed nothing came of their poll asking for what kind of game people wanted to see next and included an option for ā€œLandstalker cloneā€)

2 Likes

Yeah Plague Knight is really good, definitely a cut above original Shovel Knight and Specter Knight, even though I for one enjoyed those as well. Iā€™d recommend anyone picking up the game for the first time play Plague Knight first.

Shovel Knight is an inarguable modern classic and I feel dumb for having ignored it for as long as I did.

How much, if at all, are any of the Shovel Knights devs directly involved with Cyber Shadow? Looks cool. Looks real cool.

Lots of dark+/techno ninja ether synergy going on sekiro nioh 2 the messenger cyber shadow bleeding over into contra and blazing chrome everybody getting real gritty and slashy

honestly getting more a shatterhand vibe from this than ninja gaiden

it looks so much better than shovel knight. I donā€™t hate shovel knight, I just think itā€™s boring. I thought plague knight was boring, too!

die mad about it!!

7 Likes

rude

2 Likes

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with shovel knight. itā€™s very polished, good looking, well made. I just felt nothing after playing the whole thing. maybe Iā€™m the real monster here :(

i loved Shovel Knight, and this new one looks like a great cross between Ninja Gaiden and Contra. iā€™m here for it.

I still havenā€™t played The Messenger, even though it seems like i might like it, but i was off hearing about how long and drawn out it sounded