The News Grandmaster 4000

I think the successful story looks more like the one Sony and Microsoft are telling (Microsoft especially): buy the box or have a PC. Instead of buying the first-party titles, just subscribe to the service for $15/month or less. Hey, you can play the entire exclusives stable forever for cheap! Then gradually they put more exclusives up. Then they get legacy titles, then they get 3rd party titles rotating in and out. Then it’d be stupid to have their box and not do the subscription.

Watch Microsoft’s plan for their next console to see the most serious attempt at this, they’re really going to be pushing it and with a lot more know-how than Apple and Google bring.

god I fucking wish

8 Likes

games with gold is different to the other services, since you get to keep the games even if you stop subscribing. or at least, that’s how it was before my second 360 died
but if i got another one, or an xbone, i’d be able to re-download and play all those games i got for free in like 2011-2016 (unless they changed it or some of the games were taken down or something)

looking forward to the immense success of stadia followed by a hyper-compressed version of netflix being splintered off into studio (and even more agonizingly grim, fucking sub-brand) specific streaming services happening with game publishers. competition is always good for consumers. yes, i see this happening even with the server farm element of game streaming

Yeah, that’s still true, but only works with 360 games (or backwards compatible 360 games); native Xbone games go away when your subscription lapses.

Article 13/11 passed.

EU posters, please expect a mail from administration concerning your meme tax registration.

1 Like

The countries still have to implement that individually though, right? I feel like Austria really doesn’t give a shit about copyright, so I don’t know how much is going to change… But with the kind of right wing government we have right now everything (bad) is possible

this is looking weirdly austere and asset farm-y despite the interesting art direction but I think the effect is actually of getting closer to the good old days of remedy corridor shooters, like the levels are boxy as hell and the protagonist just floats around them, so that might actually play to its strengths?

certainly more excited about this than any remedy game in a dog’s age, hope the gating isn’t too heavy handed

Asset farm-y is the last thing I want to think about Remedy since I’ve always found their environment design one of the best things about them, but if the gameplay is strong enough to balance it I won’t mind as much!

1 Like

garbage trailer. i kept waiting for that wicked bassline to kick in

and it never did.

1 Like

lollllll

Press X to Murder Deagol

2 Likes

they talk a big game

but they make Deponia, whose art is only suitable for the Worst Images thread

5 Likes

6 Likes

holy shit i just looked this up and it looks like a gamer webcomic

7 Likes

dialogue like one, too

5 Likes

Is this gonna be the world’s first bare handed fishing game? Or maybe there’s one set in the wild during a salmon run hurr hurr

1 Like

New Cyan Games KS. Rand Miller drops “friction” in an actionbutton way.

3 Likes

yooooooooooooo

Yeah man that’s the point I’m trying to make