The News Grandmaster 4000

this made me try necrodancer finally, because it’s the first time i’ve actually seen it in action and i was like

“ohhhh”

“i get it”

anyway i’m terrible at that game

1 Like

I love the premise of this game

the fact that they chose to feature tal tal heights over all other tracks is proof of some real professionals at work

13 Likes

Problem is that Tal Tal Heights is the danciest of Zelda tunes and everything else is downhill from there

4 Likes
3 Likes

:waynestare:

6 Likes

Prepare for Monkey Island 3(6?): This time it’s actually disney land in the ending and guybrush realizes he should stop imagining being a pirate because no place in the world or even the human imagination is better than Disney Land.

3 Likes

Just please fucking forget that Full Throttle exists. Please

6 Likes

Theyre going to turn all their adventure game remakes/ sequels into a single universe.

3 Likes

That there is not a guybrush robit on PoTC is a crime!

1 Like

Just wait until guybrush meets Johnny Depp Pirate in the ride…and in the game.

Voiced by the real life Johnny Depp!

1 Like

Sora…the code.

4 Likes

Or at least Murray from Curse

2 Likes

Wait for the inevitable next Crossover:

TRON Bonne.

3 Likes

Shit man, Data Sora already exists, y’all. He can just hop into every Lucasarts game.

guybrush for smash ultimate confirmed

Elaine Marley or bust

1 Like

Since it’s the lucasfilm games and not the lucasarts brand they’ve resurrected, they’re going for star wars stuff, not adventure games. (sure, LucasArt was already LucasArts when they made x-wing, but the name association with the current Lucasfilm’s star wars output is obvious).

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s almost certainly another seesaw in Disney’s three-year oscillations between closing all games, licensing all games, mobile all games, all trying to figure out how to exploit! the! IP!

ah, here it is:

Update: Lucasfilm Games has provided some clarification in regards to its role at Disney and relationship with third party publishers and developers. It was actually brought back around the time as LucasArts closed its doors, several years ago, specifically to work with studios and the Star Wars brand, not to develop games internally.

Disney and Lucasfilm Games are still committed to its partnership with developers and publishers like EA, a representative said, and there are no plans to change this. The recent job listings, as noted in the original story, are all focused on supporting live and upcoming Star Wars games.

Update: While the Disney Careers listings are all publisher-side jobs, it looks like Lucasfilm Games has also been looking for designers as far back as 2017. Disney was advertising for a technical artist, engineering manager, producer, community manager and a lead game designer on Linkedin, a screencap of which was shared by Team17 community manager Ashley Day, suggesting that new games, at least then, were being considered.

1 Like

I’d totally play a Scumm fighting game featuring a crossover of LucasFilm/LucasArts characters that has to be played using the Scumm verb interface.

6 Likes