The News Grandmaster 4000

the Konami Kollection thing appeals primarily to rubes like myself, who don’t have a desktop computer or an emulation setup that feels seamless enough to be enjoyable; but if there are actual interviews, etc., might be worthwhile depending on price.

that said, gosh, Haunted Castle is just the pits

My favorite part of the CV collection so far is that it has 1, 3, and 4, but they haven’t announced 2 yet for it.

2 Likes

yeah, Belmont’s Revenge is definitely the best of the GB games (i guess Legends was fine RIP Sonia), but it’s strange that they revealed that over Simon’s Quest

and in the Kontra Kollektion, it’s weird that they advertise Arcade Contra 1, Super Contra AND Super C. like…none of those seem iconic to anyone other than say, me.

Kid me would be very relieved by this, as I used to have to hide the Simon’s Quest cartridge from myself to be able to sleep.

Adult me just wants this to actually be mostly complete.

2 Likes

Arcade Contra and Super Contra are already on PS4 as Arcade Archives.

There is absolutely some rights issue with NES Contra that Konami just isn’t talking about with anyone. And I am certain is dumb enough they wouldn’t think of just putting out Probotector.

1 Like

That box art with Schwarzenegger and Stallone and the Alien finally comes back to bite them.

Contra_cover

5 Likes

God it would be something that dumb wouldn’t it?

But this collection gets you 4x more games for just a bit more money than 2 ACA games.

This whole convo is making me remember how gametap had Castlevania Bloodlines on it. Between that and all the Saturn PC ports, I really didn’t appreciate that thing enough at the time.

Holy fuck, new Crypt of the NecroDancer x Zelda crossover, Cadence of Hyrule. With playable Zelda.

4 Likes

not surprised, Necrodancer was actually good and polished enough to win over Nintendo

I’ll be annoyed about the branding but I’d play a Necrodancer 2

The Legend of Zeldancer

1 Like

1 Like

Cyber Archer

3 Likes

$100m distributed in $5k - $500k amounts is a lot of grants (maybe 2-5k), this is a good way to spend Fortnite monies and definitely one of the top ten places I’d look for monies now

1 Like

yeah

I still think their whole platform infrastructure is pretty bush league compared to all the genuinely cool stuff steam has done – I only really dislike steam on a monopoly/content moderation/too-large $$ cut/noncommunicativeness basis, which is to say, I think they need a competitor but I still want them to prevail after they’ve been forced to improve

what the flying fuck

5 Likes
15 Likes

I find tim sweeney a pretty horrible crank nowadays

the forests though