The News Grandmaster 4000

Also, your regular reminder that the devs will receive a greater cut of your purchase if you buy it on itch:

10 Likes

oh shit they are adding music too huh?? I hope it’s in the same vein as the original song, that thing is…incredible

1 Like

Did Kitfox buy Dwarf Fortress or absorb the team or something? When did they get attached to it?

Who owns Dwarf Fortress now?
Nobody bought or sold anything. Bay 12 Games still owns Dwarf Fortress and all of its branding and properties. Kitfox will get a portion of revenue from Steam and itch.io, for funding the new art and music and assisting with the Steam and itch.io launches.

Ok cool, essentially producers then. Thanks!

1 Like

https://www.solarash.com/
2 Likes

what if a game was neon blue and purple

(but seriously this looks good)

1 Like

I’ve always been curious about Dwarf Fortress, but I guess not curious enough to read every page of a wiki or whatever was required just to get started. I hope the new graphical version is a little more accessible so I can finally try it out.

The full version of Baba Is You was released today on itch.io and Steam.

The old demo version is very clever (and still available):

7 Likes

Good Is Baba

1 Like
5 Likes

It’s rather impressive how stubbornly those boys have remained outsiders even as their game has become more and more influential over a decade. They’re the closest the US has to the enigmatic doujin creator who spurns all fame and fortune, and they’re real sweet in person.

8 Likes

And the thing is they don’t even get a lot of respect, as influential as their game is. They get called autistic a lot. Which, I don’t know, maybe they openly are, I don’t know anything about them, but it’s always with a negative connotation. But I guess everyone who’s not like everyone else is getting that kind of low key hate, so nothing new there.

That’s just sad

I mean, it’s the main thing that keeps me working full time for a big company, because as shitty as my health insurance is (I’m like already halfway to my 3500 dollar deductible for this year, oh boy!), it’s better than living without it, fuck.

2 Likes

:drudgesiren: https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-and-turtle-rock-studios-announce-back-4-blood/112397 :drudgesiren:

please shove this game directly into my spine and veins, thanks

2 Likes

Finally, a use for those Steam Links I bought when Valve was dumping them

Epic found some use for Steam too:

1 Like

Pierre Taki was also the Japanese voice for Frozen’s Olaf so Squeenix have announced that they will just patch in a new voice for him now in Kingdom Hearts 3??