The News Grandmaster 4000

the voice of a snowman does coke… fuck…

5 Likes
9 Likes

This looks so sweet. It’s like what I thought LucasArts point and click adventures would evolve into but it never happened. Like Monkey Island meets Another World/Out of this World.

3D was a mistake

I built a wheelhouse and someone put this game directly in it

4 Likes

3 Likes

Seems like Valve lost out to a Chinese mobile publisher re: Auto Chess. I’m super interested to see how this goes. I’ve been enjoying this game hugely. It scratches a few different itches for me, but predominantly it’s the way that it uncompromisingly feels like a wc3 mod which makes it shine most. http://vpesports.com/dota2/news/auto-chess-goes-mobile-with-a-1-5m-usd-league-announced

2 Likes

I really appreciate that they’re working on a self-contained mobile game because I don’t have 20 GB to waste on a Dota 2 install

Changelist:
-bug fix

i do like the game a lot

2 Likes

I would take great symmetric, ordered pleasure if a new popular genre was created as a mod inside of a game which grew as a mod inside another game

7 Likes

I already take great pleasure in the fact that Valve couldn’t snap up a popular multiplayer mod made in a game of theirs

They’re clearly all-hands-on-deck for Artifact 2.0, which will finally vindicate me as a complete human being along with all my financial and emotional investments from here to eternity. It’s coming… any… day… now…

4 Likes

oh look it’s me re: Tribes Ascend circa 2015

1 Like

fucked up this doesn’t end with slo mo on hitler’s exploding testicles :expressionless:

2 Likes

Autochess looks good but I had no idea what I was doing when I gave it a spin (to the point of not even understanding how to place a piece on the board at first) and it only gives you like 10 seconds to decide. I can see myself trying it again when there is some kind of rampup flow

If wargames are just mods of chess, and Dungeons and Dragons was a mod of chainmail, and chess is a mod of real warfare, Final Fantasy VII is only a few steps removed from being real life.

3 Likes

Technically wargames in the chainmail mold are mods of wargames that were adaptations of real warfare. There’s a lot of weird proto rpg stuff the RAND corporation was running in the 60s

3 Likes

didn’t that already happen with battle royale/dayz/arma

3 Likes

Basically every major new breakout game genre started with hobbyists working for free and giving it away. A good preview of the kind of dynamic and inventive culture we can expect when we finally kill capitalism.

Tower defense, MOBAs, battle royale, this new chess thing… am I forgetting any?

2 Likes

Whatever Team Fortress was (it turned into hero shooters, anyway). I think that might have been when that started. But then FPSs as a whole were sorta indie if you count id’s shareware model. I guess sandbox games weren’t but that’s the only big trend in recent memory I can think of that wasn’t… Oh, and soulslikes… But that might have developed out of rougelikes? I’m not up on that genre’s history

1 Like

I mean soulslikes are just action adventure games. They’re closer to Zelda, Metroid, and Castlevania than anything else.

1 Like