The News Grandmaster 4000

I was quoting the most heinous quotes from this list during anime club but now I don’t remember any of them

Its all painfully obvious that they didn’t play any games from before the year 2000. Over 50% of the games in the list came out in the last 17 years, and yet the top 20 is the same top 20 video games you see on any list.

But we should all be talking about how Stubbs the Zombie is #319 on the list

“Painfully short.” “Relatively little plot.” “Never boring.” Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse subverted a long-running video game trope by putting the player in the role of a zombie on the hunt for brains. Garnering a cult-following, Stubbs the Zombie is a bizarre, funny bloodbath reminding everyone to not always take everything so seriously.

I feel like this is the only glimpse of individuality in a polygon listicle and it just reveals an utter lack of taste.

1 Like

rip stubbs, who taught me that it was ok to not always take everything so seriously

5 Likes

Is being indistinguishable from Wipeout good or bad?

(Other than the music, I guess?)

A cult following.

I admit I’ve had the cool-concept soundtrack on my computer for many years. Never played the game!

Is American MCGee’s Bad Day LA on the list?

Oh man, Dork Swoles is number 40. bet they are gonna have a huge fight with Edge now.

Seriously, “P4K, but with less taste” is not a good look.

what a helpful robodog

I recently got some kind of feedback survey link for polygon and followed it and basically said “your staff are mostly decent people but aggressively mediocre writers with the most warmed over thoughts re: everything which I guess makes you better off than all the sites with really gross people who are bad writers? anyway consider hiring better writers and/or eliminating writing altogether and just becoming a griffin and justin and simone video content factory”

I am sure they took my advice to heart it was very helpful I am a BIG HELPER

7 Likes

5 Likes

yaaaaaay

Nobody ever gets the physics right

no one forget about this! it’s so good!

3 Likes

this is a sb/ex-sb person right? i can’t keep track of anyone’s gd’d nicknames anymore

anyway this is the funniest thing, the best thing

1 Like

I think you’re confusing that with @isfet, who is wintercute

ah ok. Who is that then? A lot of our mutual followers are SB people, but then also other people too that make me feel like they are probably a twitter celebrity of some kind.

no, i think winter k was ex-SB but i, too, have long forgotten their older handle

all in want in 2018 is barkley 2

1 Like

Penguin Wars DLC

3 Likes