The News Grandmaster 4000

Anything is possible under the southern cross

1 Like

There is a rumor going round, Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch.
I hope the rumor is true, and the game has slopes.

Maybe I’ll finally get around to buying a Switch.

5 Likes

Mario Maker 2 is the only game I’ll preorder this year if it is available to

2 Likes

aw

I am saying this in a lighthearted way but I mean it very sincerely

If Mario Maker 2 allows you to make levels that are entirely about vertical ascending / descending (rather than horizontal scrolling) a la Mario 3 5-2, 5-9, 7-1, etc, I will have no choice but to buy this game and whatever system it is on

I just want to make “Fly Guy” in Mario’s world

9 Likes

Wow, I haven’t thought about Fly guy in ages! What a great flash game that was.

2 Likes

I can’t even start thinking about a wishlist for Mario Maker 2 because I’ll inevitably create the Perfect Mario Maker in my head and be disappointed by the reality.

Better to let it surprise me.

2 Likes
5 Likes

My wish list for Mario Maker 2.

• Placeable water tiles
  • Slopes of some kind.

I know slopes are hard but even hard premade slope parts would be acceptable. I want to make a level about make a rhythm with the land. Know when to gas and when to coast.

3 Likes

I doubt the Titanfall 2 bump will last, but hell yeah it’s time to go back in there.

5 Likes

Robert Yang deserves better.

1 Like

i hate that suda51 is right about unity in that it is scary that its in the hands of an ex-electronic arts CEO.

but theres nothing you can probably do other than infiltrate the industry yourself and start unions, maybe get john riccitiello cancelled for something im sure he does all the time

suda51 only hates unity because shadows of the damned didnt get a sequel nvm actually

3 Likes

I use lots of products made by publicly-traded corporations that are best-in-class. As people in the thread note, Godot may challenge it as free software.

The real tragedy comes when a product is bought by a company and it’s tangential to that company’s core: the borg of Adobe claimed something (expensive) the other week and everyone started prematurely mourning because Adobe acquisitions tend to stagnate, and badly

The Venture Capital buyout as the only possible exit has served to kill most of the post-2010 web products, incorporated into Facebook or Google or Amazon and promptly ignored

5 Likes

They should make titanfall 2 free but then everyone would prefer it to apex legends lol

1 Like

Pretty sure mechs intimidated folks out of learning Titanfall 2. I’m hoping AL is popular and lasting enough for Respawn to introduce mechs.

SotD was Unreal? So was most of their games at the time.

A lot of the titan stuff was dumbed down a lot from the first game, though the different types and abilities between them kinda makes up for it.

But, yeah, between that and the movement, it’s a lot to take it.

It’s also perpetually on sale for $5 so I hope more people jump in.

the current CEO of unity was the CEO of EA when shadows of the damned came out

2 Likes

Riccitiello is notoriously…kind of dumb when it comes to games

but at least he knows how a shirt works

e40p6yI

11 Likes