The News Grandmaster 4000

Draygon Chronicles 2: Big Spoon

1 Like

bring :clap: back :clap: the :clap: avatar

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the people at Retro who worked on Prime 3 have moved on by now tbh.

now that I think of it, what the heck has Retro been working on since Tropical Freeze in 2014? There’s got to be some cancelled game in there, or did New Funky Mode really require that much time?

1 Like

grappling for love in all the beam places

2 Likes

Metroid Prime 2 was kinda bad due to being the most lock & key game I may have ever played, but Other M was downright broken in certain respects and was a narrative disaster so at this point I’m willing to risk the former if it means avoiding the latter.

1 Like

im glad my late 2000s era neogaf post could have started this all

1 Like

that’s fair but I don’t think team ninja was involved with the one that just got scrapped

I believe it was rumored to be a random Bandai/Namco team as opposed to Team Ninja, but my poorly stated point is that after that trainwreck and seemingly another in-production one that had to be scrapped I am fine handing it off to a team that while not without flaws is at least likely to stabilize things and whose floor is probably “let down” as opposed to “what in the hell were they even thinking”.

Like I haven’t put time into Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but Returns was pretty solid, the team for the most part seems to have a solid enough grasp on things. Solid would be the best the series has managed in about 15 or so years. Solid hopefully means that they or another team would get another shot within the next decade, based on history another disappointment would mean that another console team wouldn’t get a shot at it until sometime in the Twenty-Thirties.

1 Like

Dead in Bermuda is basically one of those games where you’re juggling meters. Hunger, depression, fatigue, relationships between characters, levels of aptitude in various skills. Mixing in some RNG with having to balance all these decisions is a bit cruel, and the game is a bit tedious. The encounters that occasionally happen spice things up a bit, and the characters develop in some somewhat unexpected directions but I don’t think I’d ever have the patience to figure out how to min/max everything so the group can survive.

Ah shit I posted in the wrong thread

Rain World is incredibly rewarding.

EXA-Arcadia a new maybe modern arcade board system that has been in the works for two years sounds incredibly ambitious and is going to burn out but bless it for trying like anything to do with modern arcades.

It’s getting Fallen Angels. No not that one this one:

One of the best games to find at Tokyo Joyland in Akiba on a cold day in 2015 and just stare at going what the fuck is that?

Oh my lord this is cartridge based what is wrong with them?

1 Like

fallen angels has one of the coolest artstyles of any 2d fighter. that prerendered background shit is sick

1 Like

Gimmick! is coming out on this.

4 Likes

2 Likes

What a time to be alive

6 Likes

WHEAT

3 Likes

I played Fallen Angels on an arcade machine a few weeks ago and honestly I’m always disappointed because it kind of sucks.

It does look kind of insane, though, and I do love video game characters in bomber jackets

1 Like

Since I see this thing on twitter three times a week you’d think would show y’all this already.

4 Likes