The News Grandmaster 4000

Reach single-player campaign is easily the best of all the Halos. I wouldn’t even like Halo much at all if it wasn’t for Reach

2 Likes

ODST or GTFO

I don’t actually feel this strongly about it I just wanted to make a funny thankyouverymuch

4 Likes

ODST is my favourite Halo too. Reach may have been if Legendary difficulty didn’t show the seams of the game so much. It was hidden much better in the other ones.

3 Likes

I hope that Layers of Fear 2 returns to the approach of the original game, which arguably was barely a game. When they added challenges in the DLC and in Observer, they made the experience an unpleasant chore rather than a showcase of their creative designs.

If they added challenges that were actually fun, that would be okay as well.

Ah yeah, cannot deny, Legendary difficulty is awful in Reach. I played several times in Heroic, thought I might’ve gotten skilled enough to try Legendary difficulty, but then “noped” out of there. I never tried Legendary in OSDT or any other Halo – I assumed after my Reach experience that it’s for masochists only in all Halos

ODST Legendary is very do-able, I didn’t have issues with that at all (aside from it being very hard, but it felt fair and not broken as it did in Reach).

1 Like

I actually made a stupid little video about the Reach AI years ago… I found it and put it back on youtube, here it is:

1 Like

ODST was my jam and deserves a direct sequel.

1 Like

Yeah Master Chief Collection is great now. The campaigns were always fine but their matchmaking was fundamentally borked so it was always a crapshoot if things were going to work properly. But then they spent six months last year basically rebuilding the whole multiplayer back end of it and now everything just works like it’s supposed to. It’s definitely the way to Halo.

I’m glad they’re still supporting it. It would be a bad sign if Microsoft just gave up on the game that made them relevant in the video game world. Apparently they’re adding a new update to smooth out the aim acceleration.

Which is kind of whatever to me I’ve never had a problem with it and thankfully they’re making it a toggle you can turn on or off. But it’s nice they’re still responding to player feedback like this.

Reach is already backwards compatible and runs at a higher native resolution but seeing it added to MCC officially (and possibly as a remake like in Halo 1 and 2?) would be pretty cool too.

out next friday pc/switch/xbox
3 Likes

Goddddddd I’ve been waiting on this one for what feels like an eternity

1 Like

Yeah they stopped making Fire Emblem games 15 years ago, so this really fills a vacant niche

Looks more like Advance Wars to me.

3 Likes

Radiangames is one of my favorites and I anxiously await the release of Slydris 2 for Android

The reasoning behind no new Advance Wars is the most depressing shit ever:

“Personally, I’d love to do Advance Wars, but since it’s harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don’t have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have,” Yamagami told Eurogamer.

9 Likes

That is some bullshit.

2 Likes

the worst part is that i think Advance Wars COs are much cooler than most of the FE characters.

I mean, maybe it’s because they are flatter and less, uh, overwrought but like

wait how did you get here sami i was in the middle of a

grit what are you doing with that gun,

oh right no there are some bad ones

13 Likes

I would be immediately concerned at how much design space they’d have to play in, as Nintendo has traditionally been very conservative with Wars. The DS games felt exhausted to me, and didn’t have a plot to hang things on like Fire Emblem does. Asking for a new Wars game has always felt a bit like asking for Half-Life 3; I doubt the devs know where to go.

Probably though the massive success of modern Fire Emblem creates a situation where a Wars game that does as well as older ones is an opportunity cost of orders of magnitude next to more Fire Emblem…they stumbled into the animu pot of gold and can’t get out

3 Likes

All using the 3ds touchscreen to rub a megatank until it blushes and hearts come out.

13 Likes