The News Grandmaster 4000

because pokemon says “look at these cool and varied monsters”, and not “wook at dese cute and fwuffy monsters”
he exact same art and character designs with worse writing would make pokemon twee

anyway, there’s rumours about that sonic team are working on a new ip

3 Likes

Logo looks real bad. Game overall is a bit too neon green. The pixel FX make me yearn p hard for CvS2. Everything else is so good tho

good read; I would add to that the writing

1 Like

SBFP is done/dead.

I haven’t kept up but I watched very video they did for like 5-6 years so I’m pretty bummed out tbh

1 Like

Yeah, this is hitting me kind of hard. I’ve been on and off them for years but was currently tuning in every day for a while now. I’d had some suspicion that maybe some of their relationships wouldn’t really work in the long run but figured there would at least be another year or so left.

Will probably miss Fisticuffs/Scrublords the most. Was always fun when they went all in on something ridiculously obscure. Also the podcast being gone will leave a pretty big hole during my work day. Wonder if the Giant Bombcast got a bit better recently?

2 Likes

aw geez :frowning:

Like Ymer, I’ll miss Fisticuffs and Scrublords.

A certain part of Indivisible is just going to be real heartsink when it finally comes out.

Sonic Team as a separate named and branded studio might not be a thing any more, having now been dissolved into the rest of SEGA’s development studios (or maybe moving to the American branch)

Aww man, I’m kinda bummed about this. I always wanted a group of friends to play games with and watching the intro video to fisticuffs always made me happy.

1 Like

I am actually midway through watching their Detroit: Become Human playthrough and… now I have no idea how I’ll experience any future David Cage games.

this news isn’t really relevant to anyone, but it’s so odd that it’s noteworthy anyway: there’s a cross promotion going on between koei’s game nobunaga’s ambition 201x and weird fantasy theatre/musical/wrestling promotion makai

2 Likes
4 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do if you want to stay irrelevant

I support carlton

12 Likes

Yeah, I think everyone was initially okay with not doing anything, but then they kept verbatim copying black actors’ dances without giving credit, again and again, and it felt like someone needed to stop them.

Like they should at least get a cut, or some recognition.

what, how the hell is nobunaga 201X even a thing; isn’t Yakuza exactly that kind of game?
or did i miss 1990+ games in a few years’ time… i mean, sure, it’s Koei, yeah, but that’s steep even for their output!

i know nothing about this specific game, bt the series in general is a bunch of grand-scale resource managing turn based strategy games. i really want to know if 201x is the same, though. like are all the clans now corporations or gangs or political parties?

it’s probably just “they’re literally just samurai clans but in the modern day for no reason” though

1 Like

look if I did some dance and watched a video game company take it without crediting me and become a huge sensation with lots of money, so much so that every kid in every middle school in the entire world is doing dances from that game, I would be kind of mad too

the people who CREATED techno are still “irrelevant” people from detroit watching white people make millions and “forgetting” to credit their inspirations (or at the very least not doing the work to place it in the proper context)

this is just the next place it’ll happen

foh with that nonsense

7 Likes