The News Grandmaster 4000

Yoooo I can’t believe they’re using Geralt’s multi-planar adventures as an excuse to canonically put him into other gameworlds yooooooooo

3 Likes

swear to god if that jackhole ends up in Smash

3 Likes

He dropped into Soul Calubur 6’s story mode in exactly the same way, even said almost the same thing about hating portals. Geralt in Portal 3 confirmed

geralt is too good for smash

Ceri is cooler and confirmed by Witcher 3 dialogue as being in Cyberpunk

2 Likes

Ooh yea, they’d be well served to make a Ciri alt for Geralt if he’s a unique character

I’ve seen a heap of Geralt-a-likes in MHW onlines anyway
Even my own char has a long silver mane on her
And they’ve already done Dante
Get it together Crapcom

my sibling is a super witcher nerd but has no interest in monster hunter because the weapons are all big and goofy, they want regular sized swords

1 Like

must be Euro servers but there’s like very little toxicity on the European servers of Siege that I’m playing. must be because over half the people can’t into English, especially Russians who can neither into English nor having mics.

2 Likes

I played siege for the first time in 2 months the other day - I play on US servers. For some reason, every time I loaded into a match it was taking upwards of 2 minutes. People started a vote kick but I tried to be entertaining in chat to make up for my shitty loading times and they actually did not kick me! Honest-to-god blew me away, they were joking around and having fun even though they were also obviously annoyed.

The community is pretty good.

On the flipside, the game itself bores me to tears now. I think this is a “me” problem though

1 Like

Unfortunately this was confirmed by CDPR to be arguably true in the Witcher, but not true in Cyberpunk. The world of the Witcher can accommodate connection to the world of Cyberpunk, but they feel that the reverse isn’t the case.

bull

ass

shit

3 Likes
3 Likes

shot-for-shot is just depressing, this is stylish enough art to stand on its own

And I love screenshake like I love crunching into a spoonful of Grape Nuts (and let me tell you I love Grape Nuts) but I keep seeing these terrible screenshake implementations. If you’re a game about going fast the screenshake shouldn’t push against the direction of motion and make the whole thing look like it’s stuttering, that’s just silly and contra to the sympathetic motion and flow you want to build.

2 Likes

I found the racing pretty boring but the town sequences were nice

Unrealistic though, you slurp several gallons of ramen and never once use a toilet

2 Likes

when my friend showed me rdr2 and his horse pooped and he said it poops ALL THE TIME I asked if the horses also grazed to make their poop and is the poop they have to poop in proportion to the grazing they do is this modeled as closely as the horse ball/temp ratio and he said “nah I’ve never seen my horse eat or at least not enough to be notable?”

when will in-door/out-door balance be realized in vidcon bodies when

when

when will games be good

9 Likes

get an RPG party member who has a near-permanent 15% debuff to willpower because he at almost all times claims to feel a little backed up

rather than being removed it returns every time you visit an inn because he’s convinced afterwards he’s having a reaction to something in the food

2 Likes

trailer also manages to have the wrong music for a shot for shot

like the whole point of the bebop opening is it’s leaning all the way into jazz, not a big beat-ish + voice sample + horn line every 4 bars

the weird thing is that the track would probably stand on its own but is actually compromised by its inclusion in a trailer very heavily referencing something else with its own very distinct style

I HOPE I LIKE THE GAME THO

2 Likes

That guy really becomes your far and away dps leader once you grind your colonoscopy skill high enough to unlock his story side quest. After that, so long as you have the gold to keep him supplied with laxatives, he’s the strongest melee fighter in the game

Edit: I’m sure for most people this goes without saying, but much like with the rest of the party (vegan Archer, I’m looking at you), do NOT allow him to order for himself at dinner. Being from the Baguettscargot kingdom, if left to his own devices, everything he orders with be covered in heavy cream-based sauces, so if you want to maintain optimal dps, you MUST order dinner manually. I recommend ordering him high-protein salads or any other high-fiber meals.

4 Likes