The News Grandmaster 4000

I can’t front, this looks really cool and interesting. I might actually be hype??

1 Like

Wait, so EDF5 is getting released in the west this week and somehow I just found out about it? Seems to be digital only though.

3 Likes

The team doing the new Fear Effect is remaking Panzer Dragoon and Zwei.

http://forever-entertainment.com/en.panzer_dragoon_remake_i_panzer_dragoon_ii_zwei_remake_a01.html?PHPSESSID=ec1bec7f6a61cf511bb27dc6387a735d

6 Likes

yes, i have had that date set in my calendar for a while now, and only yesterday realized that it is tomorrow where we will be able to fight to die see thr light of another day.

#THE EEDDFFF DEPLOOOOOYYYYSSSSSS

1 Like

I have too much on my plate right now to grab it, but I 100% will once I finish up some current stuff.

1 Like

click through for video :0

Ah, thanks, I hate it.

Sonic fans have told me for 20 years that I was stodgy and wrong for hating his awful Adventure proportions, and now look where we are. Like a blue hydrocephalic eight year old.

Chubby Sonic you were too good for this world.

4 Likes

What’s the over/under on them having that awful little homunculus suckin’ on chilli dogs while the same lyrics from Mellencamp’s Jack & Diane play over it

2 Likes

I’m whlemed.

4 Likes

whoa what? is that what that game actually looks like? that’s actually pretty inspired as far as huge multiplayer busywork goes.

meanwhile in Ubisoft news,

unusually well-managed online game continues to be unusually well-managed online game

2 Likes

Intensely jealous that Titanfall didn’t find the audience and become an evergreen, but good on Siege for carving out its own space.

3 Likes

yeah, one of the two multiplayer shooters I’ve really loved and actually gotten into since 2004 is still better than zero

So this is the sequel to the game with the photojournalist lady and her funny pig man sidekick.

7 Likes

y’know for a game titled Beyond Good and Evil i always found its morality awfully straightforward

4 Likes

i’m far too late to the party to get into siege at this point but i’m amazed that something from ubisoft is apparently good??

i just really wish there was a legit successor to quakeworld, champions was heartbreaking (and is still somehow limping on)

i guess there is some hype in the quake community for nu-doom2 mp which isn’t going to be outsourced this time but i’m not holding my breath

you really aren’t that late, a ton of people (including me) started playing about a year ago and it’s only like a couple weeks of playing casually on and off before you have a general idea of what 2/3 of the characters do and mostly know the maps and aren’t always the worst member of your team

I’ve already sung its praises a ton but it is an incredibly well-designed and well-managed game, and both of those taken together make it v potent

CS '99 : Siege :: Quake : Titanfall 2

does it require voice chat? because if not I might go all the way in

it got me to buy real headphones with decent stereo separation because the audio modeling is so good and necessary, and it lets you monitor cameras and call out to your team after you’re dead in a round, plus teamwork is very strongly encouraged. for the most part you could play casual forever without needing voicechat but it adds a lot and the community is really not very toxic.

1 Like
1 Like

The Nietzschean influence is very hard to spot, yeah