The News Grandmaster 4000

has anyone suggested that their chosen revenue split percentage is actually a coded white supremacist message

1 Like
1 Like

Fortnite is stealing the intellectual property of black dance artists for the creepy, sterile fascism of zoomers.

I’m not even sure which parts of this are a “joke.”

3 Likes

I don’t think any game artists thought of it as stealing intellectual property before this point. Not to say that made it right, dances just weren’t thought of as monetizable and no one was cultured to think of it like stealing visual art as decals.

I bet they’ll think differently now, though!

Hmm I’m not sure the IP case would actually shake out in favor of dancers and I wouldn’t be surprised if Epic wants to lawyer it out rather than make good.

The thread of essentially plagiaristic emotes is shaggy, though - imagine Bungie paying royalties to Tim and Eric or Monty Python.

Well, either it has value and must be paid for, in which case these are stolen, or it’s a nebulous part of culture and it’s free to be spread and copied and mutated.

Generally I bias towards share and share alike but I can be persuaded that something like dance moves should be locked down.

if one wanted to go down this road…tim sweeney posted this the day alex jones got kicked off twitter

1 Like

to be clear, i think he’s just a regular grade rich dummy, but like if one day if he went full notch i wouldn’t be like…shocked

2 Likes
3 Likes

The studio that made Detention apparently has a new game coming out!

This… does not really tell much but it’s a pretty cool trailer. If this is indicative of the tone of the game I think I’ll like it a lot more than Detention.

4 Likes

From the press kit:

2 Likes
10 Likes

oh!

I hope it turns out better than Rime did

iirc this has actual Team Ico people on it, I’d lost track of it

Watching that thinking I hope I get to play as the crow and then at the end bam yeah you can play as the crow.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Columbus Circle releasing Famicom and Megadrive Rythm games with famous composers looks cool as heck.

2 Likes

Featuring a cameo of our very own fort90

I’m curious to see how it turned out. I played an early, early build years ago and it seemed like the devs were still trying to find their voice, which they hopefully did in the mean time.

1 Like