The News Grandmaster 4000

at last

Experience The Destiny of No Man’s Fallout

8 Likes

I ain’t mad. The screenshots look great and the press release is “psst hey new vegas had good rpg systems and bethesda sure as shit ain’t doing it”

1 Like

As someone that hasn’t play any of these things in 10 years I am sick of kitschy Everything Sucks But The Graphic Design Says Everything Is Okay Also The 50s.

10 Likes

bald french guy with beard voice ehhh how u say… massive opun warld to gather materials, survive and beeld in wiz your friends

3 Likes

Hmm well The Stooges are way cooler than John Denver I guess.

This looks like a real solid 7/10 to me. I’m kind of an easy mark for this sort of game in general, and something about the mix of game elements on display here makes me think this could be a good enough time.

1 Like

I trust obsidian to not completely cock it up, even if the writing is too ‘trying to be clever’ in the trailer, but I’ll attribute that to how marketers have no imagination at all

Honestly, I’m hoping for something like a mix of alpha protocol and new vegas; narrative dungeons giving structure to a pseudo open world.

2 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

I appreciate that the aesthetic is completely unchanged from the original

11 Likes
1 Like

Is there a chance in hell the engine and shooting won’t completely suck

Does it actually have spaceships or is that all just cutscene stuff

I dunno. Obviously Obsidian does videogame writin good but I still couldn’t get into the obviously great New Vegas because of how stupid Oblivionshit the game was moment to moment

PLAY GOD DAMN DEADFIRE

first oblivion game to have non compromised writing and mechanics and production values ever

1 Like

The engine is UE4 so we can expect a baseline of non-jank. No idea about spaceships.

but are you going to be able to pick shit up and move things around and play dollhouse, or will it just be like rage or borderlands with decent writing. I think the reason people have become deranged fanatics about elder scrolls and fallout games is just because it was their introduction to and is the only thing offering modern ultima-esque mechanics

6 Likes

Unreal strongly discourages a lot of dynamic objects (that’s how it looks so good), so I’d give them 60% odds they won’t. It’s not impossible or even all that hard but it’s devoting a meaningful amount of tech energy that I doubt Obsidian has.

For example, we’re told we get about three big tech asks per project. This time, we’re hoping for streaming! Maybe like GTA had in 2001 oh boy!

1 Like