The News Grandmaster 4000

I finally understand

1 Like
10 Likes

amazing

Oh shit, I had no idea they were Boston based! I gotta go to one of these shows.

Dillon & Dutch for the Pokemon generation

1 Like

They usually do this at ONCE in Somerville in early November - I usually keep tabs on them through their Facebook page.

Next November you absolutely should should me and my group. Itā€™s seriously the best.

Canā€™t find any footage of the Cambridge show, but, hereā€™s the gist of it:

2 Likes

Looks like a rad time, itā€™s a shame I just missed this yearā€™s show! Iā€™m definitely down to join yā€™all for the next one.

just cause 4 reviews are suggesting it is not much if at all improved on 3 as I suspected

everyone please play just cause 3, it deserves to be mentioned alongside MGS5 and breath of the wild for current-gen open world sandboxes and itā€™s super cheap all the time now

it is eurotrash pilotwings, it is gorgeous, its politics and storytelling do not embarrass it and it does not overstay its welcome

5 Likes

I just wish it ran better.

At least it runs well on a PS4 Pro!

But yeah, as someone who enjoys a game with good locomotion (your Spider-Mens, your Hulk Ultimate Destructions and, by proxy, Saints Row 4, etc. etc.), the wingsuit in 3 is a delight.

I think I spent an absurd amount of time trying to fly Rico through some watery caves and had a blast doing it. The actual game itself, eh, but flying around? Scraping near the ground and picking back up to soar through the sky? Magical stuff, honestly.

2 Likes

yeah having fooled around with Spiderman recently I have to say that the physics in JC3 are even better than I initially gave them credit for

like, the wingsuiting-through-targets obstacle courses are the perfect combination of challenging and tangible and fun

between JC4 and Hitman 2 being somewhat underwhelming my ā€œeach major publisher is somehow uniquely good for a period of 2-3 consecutive years across three entirely different dev teams in their stableā€ theory is really being reinforced, Squeenix peaked from late 2015 - early 2017

1 Like

People have already found out that you can plug a keyboard into the PS Classic and hit escape to access the emulator settings, with some smoothing/scanline settings, PAL > NTSC speedhacks, and a big olā€™ ā€œLOAD CD IMAGEā€ options right there.

Guess itā€™s a question of if they work, if the hardware can handle it, and how long before someone figures out how to brute force at least some of it to work.

13 Likes

unbelievable

Well, they need to incentivize the consumer base mainly, although I guess with Fortnite itā€™s not as difficult as it is for some other storefronts, yea?

The good with the bad. Weā€™re finally seeing a diffusion of digital storefronts, which is extremely aggravating for keeping wispy rights to digital games managed and organized, but this opens up competition for store fees.

Happy that Epic isnā€™t holding out for large games only. That was a sign of how insignificant places like itch.io are next to Steam; there really is only the market Valve created on PC for indie games unless you can create an audience willing to buy from you directly. Epic broadening it, therefore, isnā€™t something they have to do in the same way.

Every time a Humble Bundle drops I have to scour like 5 clients to see if Iā€™ve already procured a game someplace

5 Likes

Thereā€™s room for a tool that puts together a master list of all the games you own on every platform. People would probably pay for that.

2 Likes

I use Launchbox-app.com to tie emulators together in a front end, and it has ambitions and the ability to tie every other .exe itā€™s offered, including a Steam importer. They charge for a variant Big Picture-esque front end, but Iā€™d say the market in packaged desktop software isā€¦slim.

Thatā€™s wonderful they got Foddy to narrate. ā€œI created this easter egg for a certain type of person. To hurt them.ā€

6 Likes

Bennett really liked 3 iirc