The News Grandmaster 4000

Sorry to burst your bubble but if it’s true PS Classic runs on Vita hardware, that’s got an ARM processor instead of the MIPS that PSP and PS1-PS2 had.

I believed there was no way the voiced version would ever make me “rethink everything” like the advertising implied it was trying to do.

Uh, guess I was wrong! What the heck!? Now I need to watch another playthrough not just out of curiosity but because I need to see how this story comes together.

Oh I see! So then PSP- (and subsequently PS1-)emulation on Vita isn’t perhaps as perfect as I was led to believe?

It’s interesting that SE feels the FF15 Comrades expansion (the online multiplayer mode) is still worth investing in, splitting it off into a standalone game with on-going support (rip the PC version). I’m sure making new content for that is a more financially appealing option than full-scale single player DLC but I wonder how many people are truly interested in picking that up even as a standalone game.

Word is also leaking out that at the Dissidia 3rd anniversary tournament stream this weekend SE’s is going to announce a free-to-play edition of Dissidia NT that will function like Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and Killer Instinct, where it’s the full game but with a rotating subset of the roster available to play for free. That’s another game that bombed but it appears SE feels they can still salvage something out of it with a re-launch, just like FF15 Comrades. Although since the arcade version is still actively getting updates and the console season pass is scheduled for content through at least February 2019 there is still an active content pipeline for a while. If this news is true I hope this at least gets me a second year season pass!

Will it be this year’s beyond two souls rudie edition

1 Like

we all hope

1 Like

Jason Rohrer (who still remembers the discussions of if Passage is art and The Castle Doctrine is problematic?) is at it again. This time he invites you to possibly be his mommy and raise him from baby to adulthood in One Hour One Life:

(video probably explains it best?)

Curious about just how long it might take for this particular open persistent massive online multiplayer world to descend into complete shit.

3 Likes

It’s been out for a while (so any streamers looking for something weird will have already passed through), but if this gets it a wider audience it’ll inevitably be subject to greater troll pressures; I don’t think it’s conceivable it’ll be big enough on second release to grow past ‘small welcoming roleplaying community that persists’.

1 Like

I don’t know enough technical details about either of the emulators to make a statement on that front, I was merely pointing out that the hardware wasn’t the same. MIPS is a relatively simple processor architecture to implement, and Sony knows it really well, so I’d be fairly confident the Vita emulation of both PSP and PS1 are very accurate.

To me, it always felt like the PS1 emulator on Vita was just the PSP emulator running inside a compatibility layer, and judging by stuff like the PS4 Parappa remaster and Castlevania collection, it’s seeming more and more likely.

1 Like

oh. my. god.

1 Like
3 Likes

they got obsidian too, rip

Ah dang, guess there goes my hopes of an Alpha Protocol remaster.

Well, for anything but Xbox/PC.

honestly like

Two years ago I would’ve said whatever, all those tryhards who can’t stick the landing are perfect for each other

Six months ago I would’ve been frustrated because deadfire and torment 2 were so unusually good and Microsoft hadn’t failed to overproduce something in years

But all relevant parties have actually had a very good year after a long history of irrelevance so I say good for them

Alpha Protocol > Mass Effect

fight me I’m right

5 Likes

This is the correct opinion

1 Like

In the new Warframe expansion, you get a hoverboard that levels up through grinding.

As in rails.

6 Likes

Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden looks pretty good and is out December 4

1 Like