The News Grandmaster 4000

This is so achingly, perfectly, inexplicably Nintendo I can’t help but admire the sheer stubbornness of Nintendo insisting you buy Urban Champion again.

1 Like

How’s this different from any of the other NES titles available, to get that reaction

Because I have literally never heard a single person say they enjoy Urban Champion. It is one of the most universally disliked games from the set of NES games Nintendo always releases. Nobody asks for Urban Champion, nobody cares about Urban Champion. Nobody nostalgically recalls the hours they sank into Urban Champion.

Hell, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen the Cartridge for Urban Champion either. Which is odd for a Nintendo developed black box game.

And yet Nintendo always thinks it can get people to buy it once a console gen. It’s amusing to me.

3 Likes

I’ve never played it

Isn’t it considered like, the first fighter? Like in the modern 1v1 street fighter style

GOTY Hidden my game by mom 3 was released 4 months ago and I missed it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.jp.ne.hap.mom3&hl=en_US

3 Likes

Look Buddy This Is The Arcade Version.

The nice thing you can say about Urban Champion is really animated sprites for 198X.

It is also a bad game no one likes that Nintendo has released for everything. No Mother 3 but Urban Champion. No Yoshi’s Island but Urban Champion. No Virtual Boy games but Urban Champion.

5 Likes

1 Like

Gris is such a great title for a game. It’s a great title for anything really

1 Like

Gris for the mill

1 Like

this honestly reminds me of the Dreamcast game Toy Commander more than anything else

Toy Commander is underrated

4 Likes

3DO’s Army Men were roaming the countryside, making Toy Commander look bad

3 Likes

It’s hard to find a good screenshot to illustrate this but I think Army Men: Sarge’s Heroes edges out the competition mainly for realizing that even if your game is about inanimate plastic objects, you still have to want to have sex with the girl shaped one

14 Likes

That’s right, she’s got that flesh-colored plastic no one else has.

Or is that tan soldier plastic on her green plastic base? Is she the past generation’s hope for peace through marriage, a child of khaki and olive, now a partisan egging on the blood war?

12 Likes

I recal there being a similar human skin Blue army lady.

Army Men is such a surreal franchise to look back on. It must have sold really well to somebody, especially since they all inexplicably got n64 ports and I can’t imagine that would have been cheap or easy.

But the only person I ever heard of playing any of them past the first two PC games was one friend in middle school who rented Sarge’s Heroes a couple times.

I had Army Men 64, and also the GBC game. The GBC game was interminable, but I kept playing it because I was a child.

The N64 game was…okay?? I can’t remember anything about it.

1 Like

Ok this just raises further questions about sexual dimorphism since in at least one game, girls look like everyone else:

Also they released at least thirteen army men games in a span of four years. That’s fucked up,

10 Likes

Video games about plastic army men is the elder gen x equivalent of the elder millennial ability to still care about Pokemon as full grown adults

8 Likes

if Samsung did not exist it would be necessary to invent them

9 Likes

What the hell, that is so nifty that it might be enough to break me out of the iOS ecosystem.

1 Like

Samsung DS

3 Likes