The News Grandmaster 4000

I disagree with this part, but I see where you’re coming from.

Basically my main issue with people getting upset about this particular development is that the alternate version of the game was already out there for the East Asian market, including presumably several countries that don’t have to follow China’s censorship laws. Extending that to the rest of the world doesn’t seem like that gigantic of a misstep, and in the grand scheme of things construing one’s discomfort at having to play a version of a game intended for a foreign audience as though it is anger on behalf of Chinese people doesn’t really seem particularly useful.

Like if there is a direct line between getting mad that a skull has been removed from Rainbow 6 and speaking out against the forced internment of Uighur people in Xinjiang then I guess I’m all for it, but even then I think there’s a limit to how effective the dissent will be if it’s phrased clumsily as “this thing is bad because it deviates from Western norms.” It’s very easy for propagandists within China to dismiss all critique from the West as imperialist hypocrisy/white man’s burden bullshit, and that’s partially because that’s basically what so much of it actually is.

6 Likes

1 Like

Holy shit

17 Likes

There’s a lot of neat tricks that weren’t present at all in Hylics 1. This looks substantially more refined.

Excellent.

both of these are extremely cool looking games with extremely annoying music in their trailers

1 Like
8 Likes

finally a real world justification for tony hawk physics

1 Like

17 Likes

those sound effects! so satisfying

1 Like

I was literally just thinking the time seemed right for a tony hawk clone. And this one is cuter than I expected.

DAY ONE BUY

birds have hollow bones

honestly it just looks not fun

very cute but not much of a game

I think it looks slow. Maybe they want it to be hangout mode Tony Hawk?

1 Like

leave him alone he is doing the best he can !!!

6 Likes

i believe in skatebird

I’m not watching that bird video cuz I don’t care much about games but I bet it’s all about inhabiting a world and that’s the best thing you can do in a game aside from a shoryuken.

1 Like

It’s about inhabiting a world as a bird on a Tech Deck and we don’t ever need to make video games anymore because what else could we possibly need

Birdpunk is realer than the blue wave

1 Like

They said the same about Goat Simulator

Every animal must be simulated

3 Likes

The Earth is safe.

Urban Champion is coming to Switch

4 Likes