The News Grandmaster 4000

Umihara Kawase Fresh! coming to the Switch in 2019 for global release. Original devs Studio Saizensen are working on it and are saying that the game structure will change from individual stages to a more Metrovania-like world where you explore and complete quests.

Some gameplay here from 11:10:

3 Likes

At Selectbutton.net we don’t cotten to metrodvania. You do well to call that their game a 2D Search Action.

8 Likes

thought I’d be in the clear with metrovania at least

2 Likes

We all know they’re called lockmazes.

(lockmaze is definitely gonna become the popular nomenclature, I promise, please, you gotta believe me)

4 Likes

waaa, that looks super cool~

obviously bad for the employees and sorry for people who liked the WD games but i am legitimately sad that i won’t get a Poker Night 3

2 Likes

Telltale is going belly-up

30 minutes notice for everyone to leave the building!? Not exactly a clean winding down…

Burn one for the Fallen, as is customary.

I don’t think any of 'em swim these waters so I’ll just put myself in context here for anyone who doesn’t follow the lore but:

I was the QA supervisor for 2 awesome years, 1 very confusing one, and a clusterfuck final few months I was so utterly wrecked for that I honestly don’t remember it very well.

This has been a very long, very obvious time coming and has been clearly inevitable and imminent to all of us involved, but it still hits.

I’m not sure how I feel right now. It feels like hearing about an ex you knew was on a horrible downward spiral finally dying, except tone that down about a full order of magnitude on the sensitivity grade.

Same idea though. You’ve known it was coming and you’re not surprised it happens but you can’t help but remember the time in your life when that was your life. There’s a ton of amazing shit in there that absolutely, inarguably affected me for the better and has changed who I am, and that’s hard to parse with how horrible it went near the end.

It’s honestly confusing to turn over in your head.

20 Likes

I’m in a Slack with one of the programmers, I think. He mentioned getting laid off today, so I assume he was a Telltale guy.

virtua-racing-sega-ages-656x369

8 Likes

This was apparently based entirely off that poll they did last week. So I am really curious where these screenshots are from.

Tokyo Game Show!!!

Umihara Kawase Fresh is definitely Umihara!

Gain Ground Sega Ages is still cursed.

Space Channel VR ranout immediately.

Shopping was a fools errand. Lots of FF cosplay only a single Rinoa. There was also a very lonely Kanye that I would have taken a picture of except…well everything about that.

1 Like

Kanye really loves them Japanese vidcons?

I think they are from Virtua Racing :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes
9 Likes

good: edf 5 finally being released internationally almost one year to the date from its japan release this december.
bad: digital only
weird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJrFxgfS8o

3 Likes