The News Grandmaster 4000

If Nintendo wants to make a PC-compatible Wavebird, though?

1 Like

I loved my Wavebird. Everything about it. The silver color, the weight, the shape… ahhh those were the days!

A Gamecube controller with better L1/R1 buttons and clickable sticks wouldn’t be bad. The first parts are sorta necessary purely for gameplay reasons, but the ergonomics of a clicking action on the analog are super necessary.

In what sense do you mean that clickable sticks are ergonomic? Aren’t they just additional inputs?

It may functionally be used for additional input, but the ability to click in necessarily means softer normal forces when you’re crossing over the pivot of the analog stick. It’s like shock absorbers for your thumb.

Interesting. I’d never thought of it that way. Thanks.

Nintendo is instigating a RACE WAR

2 Likes

ms store august 21st listing for shenmue 1+2

1 Like

Something that may be of interest to any Sega nerds amongst us:

2 Likes

Blacksad adventure game??

4 Likes

That’s an incredibly dumb name

1 Like

I just want to play an adventure game of Jonathan Glazer’s Under the Skin.

6 Likes
1 Like

This research group figured out how to allow infinite forward walking in VR regardless of how small your surrounding space is. They fuck with visual cues during your eyes’ saccades in order to subtly direct you to walk in a circle while making you think you’re walking forward. It can also dynamically direct you away from objects in your environment. Talk about a direct application of cog sci theory!

14 Likes

I literally just learned about saccades from some random twitter thread and this is fucking . me . up .

3 Likes