The News Grandmaster 4000

Moonlight is fine on iOS! and unlike Steam Link it actually supports HEVC!

Yeah, Moonlight is just very finicky to get into a game fullscreen properly to start with, and I had a problem with the sound always cutting out after an hour or so.

Even if you just launch steam big picture via moonlight?

I didn’t remember Big Picture existed at the time; I’ll give it a shot if the Steam Link app never comes through.

Jonathan Blow’s company has announced the first batch of arts grants to puzzle game creators. Great use of his fortune and puzzle game good taste:

http://the-witness.net/news/2018/06/congratulations-to-the-grant-recipients/

8 Likes

I was ready to believe in the game vice but the left half fits poorly and the buttons are third party 360 controller quality.

I did, however, figure out a hack for Nvidia streaming to let you just use a controller plugged in to the host pc.

Yeah I know that hack. Be careful never to update the NVidia streaming app from now on because it will clobber your config. (No security reason to update in this case.)

You have it on the smallest setting for the X right? I initially thought I’d have to use the larger one which fit a lot worse.

1 Like

Much better!

You’re just lucky I recognized your camera bump positioning in that picture you posted of the G3 case a week ago

1 Like

OK yeah this is definitely the way to go. Really good stream quality with moonlight. Just big enough for readable text.

5 Likes
2 Likes

What a time we live in!

2 Likes

heavy rain and absolver are next month’s psplus games, which is a cool combo pack conceptually

5 Likes

They pushed some update that for some reason disables the d-pad in big picture mode, but you can go back to controller settings and remap the controls

I believe the whole point is self-promotion.
They are releasing a 7 year old build, last one they made any development on, with no plans of further content or completion of the project, and this comes with an announcement of the dev working on a different project (likely an original game)

So, the whole thing seems like an ad for their -admitedly top-notch- pixel art skills

1 Like

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/hyperkin-the-duke-throwback-controller-for-xbox-one-free-shipping-p-25655.html

The Duke is back.

1 Like

I’m not ready for this wave of nostalgia yet…

might as well Rerelease the N-Gage while they’re at it

4 Likes