The Comic Book: The TV Show: The Thread

Also the head of Marvel still donates to Trump, so.

just recently caught up on the Fargo TV show and it’s great, and also one of the reasons i wanted to watch Legion when i heard it was the same creator/showrunner (didn’t care about it at all before) and now i’m glad i did cuz i’m 4 episodes into Legion and yeah, i’m engrossed

Oof. Yeah, iron fist sounds terrible, which is a shame because Brubaker and Fraction’s run is one of my favorite comic book arcs, and I was hoping the show would draw on some of that.

Oh well.

What’s the issues with it?

literally when I say I like Iron Fist the character, this is actually what I mean.

looks like they streamlined the tick suit to look more like the usual style for the actual show

That last episode of Legion made me pretty uncomfortable for a number of reasons, most of them personal ones.:slightly_frowning_face:

shame

really what most people mean - that run had so much good shit in it. was really sad that marvel in subsequent returns to kun’lun hasn’t kept the replacement of the weapon master with the younger woman.

they recently did a run that re-tells his origin story in part (again) and the creative team behind it managed to make it one of the most abysmally depressing and gritty things I’ve ever read in my life

56 cuts in a 30 second fight scene lol

1 Like

gotta say same wrt legion, still enjoy the show tho

this show is bad even by the standards of a netflix marvel show

this fucker they have playing danny rand is so boring I don’t even want to see his hams at least daredevil gave me those hams

1 Like

I bet even his dong is lame

I bet his dick has less screen presence than Besuited Guard #5

1 Like

I’ve watched an episode and a half while doing other things and it’s felt like 4.

Sword lady kind of holds the camera maybe they should just make the show about her.

20 minutes of this show was all I could handle, and this was very apparent.

Bad casting, bad writing, bad direction. I mean, it made me appreciate the relative quality of Arrow by comparison.

Makes me all the more amazed that Legion got made.

Legion doesnt have any involvement from Marvel from what I can tell.

The Flash/Supergirl musical episode was not staged well as a…musical, but the sheer amount of actual Broadway talent in the cast really picked up the slack and made it a lot fun.

Predictably, the Rachel Bloom song was a lot better than the La La Land guys’ song.

Also these fools really have to stop resolving character drama from one show in another show but what can you do? It’s just comic books now I guess

Disappointed the Music Meister didn’t reprise his original song from the Brave and the Bold cartoon though

1 Like