The Comic Book: The TV Show: The Thread

I think I figured this one out. Notice how all super hero shows all have obscure references/ easter eggs for fan service? Riverdale doesn’t have an exact equivalent to this, so they substituted it with TV references they hoped the audience would get, instead of what would make sense for teens to say.

I get these as MegaCorp company-wide emails and I think only @sleazy has tastes pure enough to enjoy them:

WBP’S “THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE” INFILTRATES WBTV’S “THE BIG BANG THEORY” IN SYNDICATION

This week, in anticipation of the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures’ “The LEGO Batman Movie,” Warner Bros. Television’s “The Big Bang Theory” gave a shoutout to Gotham City’s Dark Knight minifigure with an exclusive custom open and two hilarious on-air spots involving the series’ cast members and LEGO Batman himself. Featuring the whole Caltech crew with LEGO Batman infiltrating the apartment, the custom LEGO promos aired during the series’ off-net run in addition to a LEGO version of the show’s popular opening titles in more than 200 syndicated markets nationwide. To view the special “The Big Bang Theory” LEGO opening as well as the two promos, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3XMl2vQ4I&feature=youtu.be , here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKD_2oPtl0&feature=youtu.be and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gIyyvnXrvg&feature=youtu.be .

1 Like

I rewatched the first episode of Legion with the missus and “quite good” is a huge understatement. Best thing I’ve seen in forever. I hadn’t really noticed on the first viewing, but the production design and cinematography are very Kubrick.

Ahahaha oh man Arrow’s Very Special Episode about gun violence was hilariously po faced and essentially the super opera equivalent of a David Brooks editorial.

I wanna know the specifics of this magical, middle ground gun control legislation Oliver and Rene hammered out between sparring sessions :thinking:

2 Likes

that shit was absolutely wild. the whole thing was such milquetoast nothingness

“why doesn’t someone do something” political nonsense

like if it was an accidental parody about the meaningless legislation that gets passed after a massacare then good job

they were honestly so middling i’m surprised that they said oliver is pro-choice since that is…a stance at all

i’m not usually mad at them for not making oliver a lefty like the comics but “firearms freedom act” what the fuck lol

2 Likes

Ep 2 of Legion was kind of hilarious in that David pretty much ended up in another mental hospital after his escape from one in the fist ep

yeah that episode was pretty much just treading water until the next episode:/

I don’t think so, actually. I kind of like that it reveals that they make the mistaken assumption that he doesn’t have any problems besides superpowers mistaken as mental illness

so i continue to unabashedly love agents of shield mainly for the way they just keep earnestly chugging away at charming pulpy concepts, going from a spy vs spy thing to a family melodrama about people with alien superpowers to an interdimensional nazi death cult to uh… ghost rider (?) and a magic spell book to evil AI and finally the show has just decided to suddenly become the matrix. i still think it’s weird that people think this show is bad somehow.

1 Like

agreed. i am a faithful viewer of this and will not stop until they stop making it

Yeah even though I think the show lost its’ footing this season AoS is still aces in my book.

This last Flash was good times. Tom Cavanagh continues to impress me. Not only just playing two very different Wells’s but also one possessed by Grodd. Note the subtle simian curl of the lips as he delivered those lines. Dude’s a badass.

I didn’t like the Ghost Rider stuff as much as it seemed other people did, but the LMD arc has kind of won me back. It has been a bit more predictable and less bonkers than other seasons, and the reveal of the big boss man being some random russian jock was a huge disappointment, but other than that it has been very entertaining.

I was glad to see the twist that Daisy was expecting to see Lincoln in her bed inside the Framework but instead it’s WARD!!!

also I don’t know if folks who are watching Legion know but it’s being run by the guy who did Fargo, the best TV show I’ve seen in like, years. so watch that if you haven’t

I am so grateful that this season of Legion was fully scoped out and already shot and has such a small British/prestige style episode order and it really feels like a miracle that it exists and man I guess I have to watch that Fargo show now

4 Likes

i don’t watch or really like gotham but congrats at least managing to do the bare minimum of hiring an arabic dude to play ra’s

2 Likes

The world needs more of that dude but I will still never watch this show :relieved:

1 Like

still fundamentally mad that they wasted a young bruce wayne show and a gotham p.d. show at the same time

All of the Oliver Bird in the astral plane stuff in the last Legion episode was pure gold. Hugely funny and deeply spooky all at once. Probably the most Lynchian moment in the series so far.

Also, man, that ‘fight’ scene…

Kind of miffed that Iron Fist comes out when I’m going to be neck deep in SXSW. I know I know I can watch it whenever because netflix but still.

Glad I don’t feel obligated to watch every Marvel movie or tv show cause the reviews of Iron Fist make it sound shittier than even my low expectations lol

1 Like