Switch! (Part 1)

also it was for joycons not batteries

3 Likes

According to reliable sources, you can now spin around in Mario Galaxy by pressing a button. You do not need to waggle.

5 Likes

I just bought a switch because densha de go is coming out on it eventually. Also theres another jp rail game on there already. What jrpgs should i get.

7 Likes

Ringo Ishikawa.

2 Likes

The Switch is seen as the JRPG console but there aren’t that many good new ones tbh. Xenoblade and Octopath kind of suck

I’d recommend Fire Emblem 3 Houses, FFXII, and the SaGas / chocobo mystery dungeon if that’s your thing. Ringo if that counts! Also, the Megatens are coming

3 Likes

FF12 on Switch is so goooooood. Looking forward to SMT:Nocturne. Avoid Xenoblade 2 like the plague.

3 Likes

seconding fire emblem, romancing saga 2/3/saga scarlet grace and ff12

dq11!!!

trials of mana maybe? it’s sort of endearingly jank and cheapo

hey was the demo of bravely 2 any good

1 Like

Bravely 2 was pretty rough. Had a weird difficulty curve and was super-grindy, not sure if it’s representative of the early game. I also felt that the world and characters were a little bland. When fast-forwarding combat vocal barks concantenate into a din of ‘Yaaaaaaaaaaah!’ ‘Take this!’

2 Likes

For a second I was like “wait Bravely Second isn’t on Switch” before realizing you were talking about Bravely Default 2.

What clowns came up with these names?

7 Likes

Hahaha what

The only switch game I’ve played lately is SEGA AGES Fantasy Zone which is cute and I think the scanline options make it rather pretty. There’s something adorable about a little winged ship that can run on its little legs faster than it can fly. I was unaware of the term “cute 'em up”

4 Likes

Honestly I would tell you to buy the Collection of Mana before Trials

2 Likes

Thank you friends! I will get ringo and saga and mana and smt when that comes out and also a digimon tactics game??? lol why not. Have played ff12 and dq11 recently enough that i dont need those. Have never played fire emblem maybe ill try it.

And oh fantasy zone!!! Shooters!!! The other good videogame genre. I will get some of those too

2 Likes

Can recommend Black Bird on the shooters side of things

2 Likes

Also while we are mentioning Sega Ages, there’s also Phantasy Star :star2:

5 Likes

ah fuck yeah Phantasy Star.

1 Like

It feels so weird to hear recommendations of what are mostly games from 20+ years ago. I just figure someone needs to make an on-the-go emulation box and we can just cut out the middle-man.

Like this one? Retroid Pocket 2: The Thread

1 Like

i mean i agree and this is why i have only now bought a switch when the one new game that i ever want to play is coming out on it. and since i now have this expensive rectangle i might as well use it for other games too

3 Likes

fsr i have put more planning into purchases on a new videogame console than i have for any other part of my life, so here’s my list of stuff ill maybe get one day if i feel like it

jarpegs:
mana collection
fire emblem
ringo ishikawa
phantasy star sega ages
saga scarlet grace (ugly)
saga hd remake (ugly)
smt nocturne
star ocean hd reremake (surprisingly not ugly)
digimon survive

shooters:
black bird
fantasy zone sega ages
tengai
blazing star
gunbird 2
dragon blaze
vasara collection
darius collection (which one? confusing)
espa ra. de.
r type collection
panzer dragoon hd

5 Likes