Sonic Mania

Oops, couldn’t hear you over notbov

10 Likes

the remix is a thing

1 Like

this game is on track be so good that i’m hoping and praying by some fluke miracle that this is the last one and they never make any more ever
(maybe like a commercially released Sonic Maker game and soundtrack editor, but nothing else after that please)

2 Likes

look legally they should make an anime ass game that looks precisely like the sonic cd cutscenes

5 Likes

somebody out there is trying:

it makes sense that Generations and Forces really emphasize the duality between the Past and Current Hedgehogs because both are pretty intractable to the character and fans at this point, like how James Bond and Batman can both canonically Stylish and Stupid

1 Like

I forgot to post, I did play GHZ act 2 of Sonic Mania at E3, and it was really damn good.

Playing it blind, it had incredible flow, which is not something I can say for most fan games.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/sonic-mania/584400

uh so like you can get it 20% off I guess, I haven’t tried it though. Indie Gala seems legit though, I’ve bought a couple of garbage bundles from there before.

2 Likes

so, for someone who totally didn’t realize that physical release spezialé limited editioné was, like, really limited.
Is there any point in waiting for a phys release or am i digital only at this point?

even the limited edition version only comes with a little card with a download code on it anyway

alright, then I’d have had no choice anyway ~~~

1 Like

sega confrim that they’re no longer working with archie. which i guess means all the unfinished storylines are gonna be unfinished forever. oh well.

i hope this somehow leads to uk sonic the comic getting its first ever trade paperback reprinting (though there’s really no reason to believe it will)

https://twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/887866966882476032

4 Likes

i didnt expect to get genuinely emotional about this, but here we are D:

the Archie Sonic comics are basically a foundational text for young sleepysmiles

2 Likes

I have Lick Meth to thank for introducing me and making me appreciate them.

5 Likes

man, archie sonic was pretty much the only comics i read growing up, very foundational to me. learned to draw from them. the stories went TOTALLY off the rails right from the start, but still.

and recently with Sonic Mega Drive, they actually got back to a simple story and the cute Tyson Hesse artwork and now they won’t be able to finish it. what a shame

2 Likes

Oh hey, IDW Publishing cut a deal with SEGA to do the new comics. That was fast and also it owns!!
I hope they get at least some of the Archie creative team on board

are you fuckin kidding me it’s 2017 and i just now find out Tyson fucking Heese is on Sonic The Comic god damnit

1 Like