Sonic Mania

2 Likes

this sucks

somebody has the capability of manufacturing POGs, probably on demand or at least in small batches

and i don’t have access to them

during the pog craze, you could buy pog-making machines, but i’m pretty sure they were crap.

it’s just die cut card stock?

you’re just die cut card stock

…I should look into getting somebody to make POGs for me again. Making my own was okay but the results were…less than stellar. The card stock I got was too thick, so it was hard to cut through without mangling the edges, plus my printer won’t print on glossy paper.

1 Like

back snexploration on Patreon and we’ll send you a Super Famicom controller layout pog

literally thinking about making snexploration pogs for patrons tho

2 Likes

I wish the Sonic Mania update allowed progress to be saved after each act instead of after each whole zone. I rarely make any progress in this game because my attention/enjoyment usually wanes after 1.25 acts per session. And maybe I suck too much at Sonic, but spending over 15-20 minutes on platforming and special/bonus stages feels like a slog when I arrive at a zone 2 boss and lose all my lives immediately because I don’t understand what to do and then I get thrown back 2 acts.

Speaking of slogs, I was happy to hear that there is a sound test code for unlocking all the medals and extras because I’d like to play Puyo without first mastering Blue Sphere. But the update has now locked the level select/sound test screen behind 16 medals, so I’ll never get a chance to use the code.

1 Like

Someone please tell me Flying Battery Zone is the worst zone. I was enjoying the heck out of this until I got to there, but now I’ve lost all my steam. I would also like to continue on the same act.

1 Like

At least the BGM slaps.

1 Like

flying battery is the worst zone (for length)

That is kind of a relief. I do like this game overall. I’ve only dabbled in sonic in the past, so I’m not that great at it though.

4 Likes

Yep that looks like Sonic fangame level design.

neat mod

5 Likes
1 Like

ok but duz the game retain the eco-terrorist subtext of the original?

1 Like
  • 100% accurate Sonic 3 & Knuckles physics
  • Sonic, Tails, Knuckles fully playable, including Sonic & Tails co-op
  • Widescreen display
  • Additional effects like 360° rotation
  • Optional high quality pixel filter xBRZ
  • Controller support
  • Experimental Time Attack mode
  • Many fixes and small gameplay tweaks
  • Added movement options like Tails Assist and Flight Cancel
1 Like

interesting bit of sonic trivia: the blue spheres music apparently predates sonic 3 and was originally written in 1991 for the obscure/unreleased(?) puzzle game SegaSonic Bros

anyway, there is a lot of new footage since the game was just dumped/released in full

11 Likes
2 Likes