Sonic Mania

I wonder how long these guys have been working on this? I mean I guess the answer is their entire lives you can’t make something this good without being all in; but like, how many hours they’ve spent on these specific sprites and layouts and code.

I think the parts where sonic runs behind the yellow screens and gets silhouetted is one of the coolest looking things I have ever seen in a videogame.

3 Likes

Okay, I love everything about Studiopolis Zone, but I’m especially loving how it’s not until six minutes in that one can see a train running in the background, and then only for a second or two. More of that sort of detail, please.

just rewinding and listening to the level complete jingle 100 times

3 Likes

One of these days I need to make a level complete jingle compilation. They are the highly dense compressed diamonds to the carbon of pop music. Someone shoulda paid Prince and MJ to write like a hundred of these things

4 Likes

one hundred thousand percent excited for this

1 Like

worst part of that video is how much the person playing sucks at the game

looks tops though

Well, the teams developing for it ostensibly know

Y’all need to play the master system/ game gear sonics.

Those were all I had as a kid, and they are good

2 Likes

fuck the hang glider in sonic 2

1 Like

Lil potbelly Sonic was and remains legit charming, however did they forget this for so long

Him and Mario could do a gut bump and it would probably rule

5 Likes
2 Likes

I hear a little Genesis Diamond Dust Zone in there.

The special edition for this comes with a (inevitably shoddily built) little sonic statue that has a ‘SEGA!’ audiobox inside. So tempted to spend extra on a dinky little special edition just for this statue.

This looks like if Sonic had a traditional 2D release on the Saturn. I’m so hyped.

3 Likes

What they should have done:

1. Put SD card inside of fake 32X cart shell.
  2. Make 1/1 size usb card reader in shape of Neptune prototype.
  3. Prepare bank vault for influx of internet upvotes and cash
3 Likes

They finally just made Dust Hill

4 Likes

I was getting this anyway, but like, way to step on my weakpoint :cryingpig:

2 Likes

VGM soundtrack of the year 2017 is already settled, lol.

Yeah Nier Automata sounds great!

6 Likes