Sonic Mania

Ugh, that original stage feels so good. I think my favorite bit may be the use of a Sonic Spinball sound effect when Sonic gets in the van.

deep cuts

13 Likes

I will buy both of thesd games on release.

1 Like

they are also putting out a new 3ds game, iā€™ve learned the most important detail:

you can get a fire power, which lets you melt ice, but only the ice that has a picture of fire on it, and not other ice

11 Likes

When are we gonna get a game where certain platforms can only be landed on after a double jump and can be gotten to with a single jump but will reject anyone who does so

2 Likes

Hereā€™s some more gameplay

1 Like

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD

1 Like

I like the little faces on the corner blocks in the Teevee Zone.

The animation is wonderful. Everything is so smooth!

honestly just the hottest lookin shit

iā€™m legit excited

Do we know if the controls are going to be as bad as they were in Sonic 1-3

2 Likes

In the 8 minute video Sleazy posted one of the guys playing said it ā€œfeels just like you expect an old Sonic game to, warts and allā€ or something to that effect. So, probably.

I never actually played Sonic much but will probably play this because it just looks so delightful.

Sometimes I wish a Sonic was a Mario.

Goodness Sonic 1-3&K are all pretty good! Sonic CD is also good, but probably the most full of sore spots of what is the problem with Sanik.

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t get people saying the original games were bad, I mean they arenā€™t as great as we all remember but theyā€™re still pretty damn good and one of the finer examples of the genre from that era.

Who said the original games are bad

The original games are bad

1 Like

still think Sonic 3/Knuckles is the best one, sonic 1 doesnā€™t really hold up as well. sonic CDā€™s levels are a mess but itā€™s just so great to look at and experience still

so if this one is somewhere inbetween all of that with fun little winks, good level design and good music, iā€™ll be happy

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a superfan but it is astonishing how good that level design and animation is compared to the past 20 years of sonic stuff (generations mostly excepted)

5 Likes