Sonic Mania

Yeah I just beat saloon mirage zone and havent found the bosses to be an issue yet. I’ve had a much harder time with bosses in the genesis sonic games before. That plane level was unacceptable though imo. Generally I find the game extremely pleasant but I can’t play it for longer than like 20 minutes, which is fine.

7 Likes

if y’all ever hear about the pc version level select code hook a brother up

4 Likes

Finally got past Oil Ocean Zone. That boss was intolerable. Then I died on the second level of Lava Reef Zone. Slowly making my way through 30 minutes at a time.

1 Like

man i’ve never gotten super sonic in one of these games before, is it always this awesome

bitch I look like goku

1 Like

Why do people want to play this in 4:3?

Is it just to impose the same technical restriction the old games had?

it’d be nice for if you’re playing on a real crt

It’s more exciting when you have no idea what’s in front of you.

2 Likes

I’ve stalled at the trumpet speedway cybersonic boss, too fucking long

Otherwise, I’m still ticked off this is essentially a greatest hits compo

True. I hadn’t considered that, but it’s still an uber-niche use case.

How many people have a setup where they can hook up a PC or PS4 to a CRT in 2017?

You gotta have a real expensive Sony BVM or Panasonic production monitor to do native 60hz 16:9 low-res display. Other workable solutions: squish picture on a 4:3 display with analog monitor controls, or pump out double refresh rates on a more typical widescreen 31+khz monitor/tv if the software can cope. Drawbacks with either. Accidentally deleted old post, rewrote.

Squished to 16:9ish. Sure that’ll work just fine.

4:3. Oh yeah, now we’re talking, bacon thick.

7 Likes

Is this one of those moments where UK and USA oppose? For me ticked off means very annoyed and angry at.

Same

This vidcon is not enough

15 Likes

6 Likes

Sonic and Knuckles’ eyelids being their skin color might be anatomically correct, but it looks super weird.

1 Like

how come I couldn’t ever for the life of me get the debug level select to unlock in sonic 3 as a kid even though I tried every time I turned the game on

if you’re talking about the title screen code it is actually super hard to input. there’s a real narrow frame window for each button press

i only managed to get it once or twice as a kid

i was so glad when i finally got a game genie

then i found out as an adult i could have done a cart swap with sonic 2 or input a different in game code while hanging from a vine or a hook

1 Like