Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

Speaking of Kukri, people have pointed out the glasses lady’s braids and the pattern on her sleeves are similar to Kukri’s, so she’s likely from the same thing as him and we should get a bit more background on exactly who he is.

IGN is also going to have a KOF stream on Friday.

I hate to say it but i think overall my expectations have been mildly shattered

3 Likes

KoFXV has been opened and has those very SNK in-universe interviews with all the characters:

They’ve also started added those elaborate team backstories

2 Likes

This is such a wildly different song to use compared to the regular theme. I assume it’s the credits theme. The tweet says 'this time, the story is coming to an explosive climax", and I can only assume they mean this is basically a two game saga? But that would be weird since there was very little meaningful story in 14, which felt more like setting up the excuse for rebooting the roster/game.

1 Like

Yes because future stories will be set in the UAE and feature popular guest characters like the Undertaker

4 Likes

I assumed 14-16 would be a trilogy like the previous sagas but the description on that tweet and the bringing of everyone together makes it sound like a conclusion.

Yes because the series will be renamed to the prince of fighters to reflect the new ownership

3 Likes
2 Likes

My boy, my beautiful lazy boy

I can’t get over how much Ash’s hair reminds me of Flo from the Progressive commercials

5 Likes

It’s playable at TGS and she’s one of the playable characters, so hopefully we’ll get actual match footage soon.

1 Like

On one hand, I’m disappointed that this appears to be the closest we’ll get to a third all-new character (not counting the boss). On the other hand, this is hilarious, particularly since they already had a perfectly workable K9999 Klone. Guess it’s the return, more or less, of the 2002 NESTS Team, which was not something I was ever expecting from a story perspective. God, this game’s roster is wild.

3 Likes

still can’t believe kim is being saved for dlc. madness.

Real Original The Character design.

2 Likes

Actually bringing back K999 is amazing, even if his gaudiness stands out and his new arm is boring. Shatter all expectations indeed.

Now we can all start asking for Nameless to come back. He got his own character design and backstory- he’s a unique character!

1 Like
4 Likes

This means kula didn’t make the roster, doesn’t it? DLC bait?

Kinda the opposite–her chances are pretty much better than any other character’s. We have two teams’ worth of NESTS-associated characters, and we know K’, Whip, and Ángel are not on the same team (otherwise the team would have gotten confirmed after Ángel was) meaning we’re likely getting K’ / Whip / ??? on one team and Ángel / Krohnen / ??? on the other. Kula is a plausible fit for either team. While there’s still potential configurations without her–Maxima, Sylvie, Foxy, are all plausible candidates for the missing spots, out of previously existing fighters, and SNK could still surprise us with a new character–Kula is by far the most popular out of the remaining NESTS crew.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot Angel was revealed too, thought it was just K/Whip/K9999

1 Like

God Bless we get to have KoF Teaming Theorizing in 2021. My favorite part of any KoF

2 Likes