Share & Talk About Your Music

New WIP with a melody that I improvised and decided to keep note for note

http://tindeck.com/listen/oyhev

THEME OF BURGER

3 Likes

listening to this gave me high cholesterol

Dance track (don’t do these much anymore) drawing from early 90s dance. Acid bass, synthetic piano, plastic handclaps.

1 Like

Sparkly fusion piece written for an acquaintance a while ago.

2 Likes

This hits my Panzer Dragoon Zwei buttons in parts. I think the soundtrack really makes that game what it is and it’s sort of weird Yayoi Wachi didn’t work on many other games after that (much less PD sequels, from what I can tell).

1 Like

Something for a videogame’s results screen.

1 Like

if by chance you’re into breakdowns and grindcore-meets-metalcore my band released an album today

4 Likes

This new Souncloud Go thing really wound me up, so I’m going to take everything off and host it myself.

Soundcloud is the place to have your music sold without you getting a cent, might be a good new title for the other Soundcloud thread.

5 Likes

wow I can’t believe that soundcloud go actually exists

like they’re not even hinting at the option of compensation for artists, they’re just talking about the exposure you might get from having your track playing right after a HUGE ARTIST WOW

soundcloud go removes ads, which they ACTUALLY SAY helps soundcloud make money for artists. so by paying for this service you’re removing the revenue stream for artists and just paying soundcloud directly? holy shit

ergh, just great~

http://listenanddiscover.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2344061-soundcloud-go-for-creators

dear god

i might try and phase out soundcloud because of their new bullshit but for now i’m too lazy

This is the first tune I’ve made in an uncomfortably long time. I didn’t want to fuck with anything so I just loaded up some stock FL Studio sounds and made some poly-cyclical phrasing bullshit that probably sucks ass and breaks all my internal rules but it’s vindicating to fucking make SOMETHING ANYTHING and not just perish forever from the invisible creative landscape I once called home

the title is relevant

https://soundcloud.com/meauxdal/shortcoming

This is a track I wrote for Tower of Geheimnis in 2013.

1 Like

the chord at the tail end of the ritard is… um

well, it’s not the chord i want to happen there

there are really great moments in the piece, but that chord is kind of driving me crazy

geez how do you come to terms with actually having to record something

one of the things I didn’t expect with a hardware-only setup is the idea of actually having to perform a song to record it >_>

it’s hard :frowning:

Depends on what you’re using, though more professional stuff allows you (in some cases) to drag and drop notes individually and set their individual qualities, but that’s exhausting as fuck

yeah! that’s what I used to do when I was primarily using ableton a few months ago

but after I was done with the track arrangement/mixing/mastering I could just export it and it was ready to go – now I actually have to record the line out from my mixer and like play the track and I can mess up while recording? how lame :frowning:

that said I’m really close to actually recording a track with my new setup finally! just have to actually do it

Are the tracks software instruments, or MIDI? MIDI needs a body (IRL instrument) to work through, whilst software instruments are independent of the real world